All reviews casablanca room african queen hot tub loft cottage movie room heated floors comfy bed paddle boards private deck beautiful spot sechelt inlet pool table gourmet breakfast chris spa pedicure netflix
Reviewed July 18, 2018

We had a great stay at the Tuwanek Hotel. The Casablanca room was great. The deck off our room was a super place to relax and watch the world go by. The breakfasts were delicious (and so lovely to eat while out on the deck)! Donna was very helpful with ideas to keep us busy in the area recommendations for places to eat. The amount of water toys was amazing, SUPs, kayaks, peddle boats. There is enough at the hotel that you don't want to leave. We will be back!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 21, 2018

We hadn't been to Sechelt for a long time so we thought we'd give it a try. After scanning a number of places the Tuwanek Hotel caught my eye. The ferry ride from Vancouver to Gibsons landing is just bearable (40min) and not too expensive. Tuwanek is tucked at the far north end of the east side of Sechelt Inlet. The water is unusually calm for an ocean inlet. We stayed in the African Queen room. Fabulous bathroom with a cool slipper tube, heated floors and and 'every-kind-of-spray-you-can-think-off' shower. Big full length balcony to take in an incredible view, wood fireplace, big screen tv (with Netflix) and a very comfortable bed. Super private and lots of character. Downstairs is a rec room with a pool table, coffee, movie room, library. Very useable. They have free kayaks with all the gear and I did some kayaking for the first time in my life on the smooth as glass water. This was just amazing for me and I was out for a couple of hours before I even realized. Words really don't do the scenery justice but having grown up in this area and pretty much explored everywhere, this place is second to none. Just up the road is Hidden Grove which is a beautiful, well maintained forest. Breakfast was absolutely delicious. Donna does a superb job. Again, I can't say enough about the Hotel and the area other than it's an absolute 10. We'll be back as soon as we can. Loved it. Oh ya, be careful about finding out where and when to eat in Sechelt. Things close early and on odd days and there are not a lot of places.

Room Tip: The African Queen and Casablanca are both excellent
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2017

What a pleasure it was to stay at The Tawanek. New owners Adrian and Donna were very helpful with making our stay perfect. Loved the beach, swam both days we were there. (Bring your swim socks!) Donna made absolutely delicious breakfast both days, even serving me Almond milk for my coffee. Definitely will go back to paradise on the West Coast. Love The Tuwanek!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2017

We stayed at the creek side cottage last year and were extremely pleased.....thus made a return visit....after our last stay we received an email from the owner for $50 booking incentive for the following year...... after booking again on line and contacting the inn... I was informed it had changed owners and although I explained the previous offer and even forwarded a copy of the email it was not honored.... that was the beginning of the reason my rating has gone down.....
This time rented the timber loft cottage lovely... set up for 2 couples or family with older children..... no view of the ocean....was informed at our arrival that the BBQ was not working and nothing could be done until the next day.... unfortunately we had planned on using it....on our last visit basics like some spices sugar foil and plastic wrap etc were there for our use..... thinking the same would be true surprised to find .... not even sugar for coffee.... and small restaurant packages only of salt and pepper.... any condo/cottage we have ever rented has always had some items of this nature.....
Make sure you bring from town everything you need!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Barb052
Reviewed August 16, 2017

Spent a couple nights in the Casablanca last week. Spacious, clean, great bed and bath, quiet, and full on knock out bay view. Stand up boards, kayaks, and paddle boats included. Donna and Adrian are warm and welcoming owners. Gourmet breakfast served in the room or on your private deck. Go there!

Room Tip: All looked good for different reasons
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple