“Simply Paradise!”
other travellers have booked this property
ocean view of the Trail Islands
hot tub in moonlight beach fire
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
hot tub in moonlight
beach fire
tides out  !
private beach area
beach great for lounging, walking , swimming
Islandview Cottage
Oceanside suite bath
Oceanside suite  bedroom
oceanside suite patio
oceanside suite kitchen
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Cottage -
1 Bedroom, 1 Bathroom, Sleeps 4
Sechelt, Sunshine Coast, British Columbia

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 167 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
French first
Any
PlacesofP...
Vancouver, Canada
“Simply Paradise!”
Reviewed February 9, 2011 for a stay in January 2011

I have come back here now so many times and have stayed in both suites at all times of the year and each time I bring with me a new group of friends. They are all in absolute aww of everything this side of heaven offers.
I LOVE that the suites are both self contained and that there only 2 of them which are far away from each other for added privacy unlike a BB that is simply a room with shared common area's.
I thank you for being so gracious to my friends and referrals I send you as well as to me :) Absolute Heaven has ALL there is to offer from privacy and cleanliness to amazing home cooked organic breakfasts and baked goods... yum :))
I will always refer my clients and friends to stay at Absolute Heaven. Thank you!!

S. Andersen

Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Families with teenagers Tourists
Luxury-minded travelers
robertfra...
North Vancouver, Canada
“Exceptional service, ideally situated, outstanding B and B experience”
Reviewed January 23, 2011 for a stay in December 2010

We spent two nights at Absolute Heaven on the weekend of my 40th birthday. My wife had found it on the web and took a risk in choosing to bring me there (as a surprise). We're both very picky and don't like experimenting with new restaurants, hotels, B and B's, etc. We like what we like and tend to stick with the tried and true... However, our favourite B and B in the area -- a gem on Bowen -- had changed hands and was no longer the same experience.

We experimented with a couple of places on Bowen and the Sunshine Coast, and found a few good ones. But this was several notches above the others in at least a few respects.

First, it's really well situated: a relatively new house, right on the water, just outside of Sechelt -- so it’s not hard to get to, but once you’re there, it feels really secluded. (Reminded us of a place on Maui, even though this was the Sunshine Coast in December…) The B and B suite that we stayed in is on ground level, with a walk-out right onto the back lawn (impeccably kept) and steps down to the beach -- all with a gorgeous, unimpeded view of the water. If the B and B had nothing to offer aside from the view, it would have been worth the price for this alone.

However, the suite itself is lovely. Everything is brand new, tastefully decorated, convenient, warm. Every conceivable detail has been tended to. It has a fully functional kitchen, a living room with a gas fireplace (very cozy in winter), a very large bathroom with both a shower and large tub. The bedroom is comfortable, quiet, and private (i.e., no bay windows without curtains!!! … something we’ve actually come across on Bowen!…).

And to top it off, the service by the couple who run the B and B is incredible. They serve a breakfast that surpasses anything we’ve seen in about 15 years of B and B travel. It’s not massive or unusually generous in terms of proportions or anything like that; it was simply about their attention to detail. It was certainly generous (3 courses), but it included things like home baked croissants, muffins and scones, and sausages from one of the best delis in Vancouver, freshly squeezed juices from fruit grown in their garden, and so on.

There is also a video library for movies, and an impressive exercise room in a second dwelling on the property (further away from the water).

We came away thinking that it was definitely somewhere we would return soon. Both with our children and without… A real gem, and very well priced for what you get.

Kregger
Port Coquitlam, Canada
“Absolutely Beautiful”
Reviewed December 15, 2010 for a stay in July 2010

My wife and I were looking for a place to stay in sechelt and we stumbled upon this place. It turned out to be an amazing weekend! From the suite to the view to the food, everything was amazing. I would really recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a beautiful beachfront place to relax and enjoy.

Carelle
North Vancouver, Canada
“This place is heavenly...”
Reviewed November 10, 2010 for a stay in September 2010

Dominique and I spent a few days at the Absolute Heaven Oceanfront Suites and we had the most amazing and relaxing time ever.

The ocean view is absolutely amazing from the suite and/or from the jacuzzi . The place is immaculate and well maintained. Your hosts Doug and Doreen are the greatest and very very discreet; and their breakfasts are to die for. I recommend this to anyone who is visiting the Sunshine Coast.

It was our home away from home, we really felt comfortably home...

Check-in / front desk Service
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Young singles A romantic getaway
Older travelers Tourists
Luxury-minded travelers
screennam...
Vancouver, Canada
“We return every year to "Absolute Heaven" and it is first class in every way.”
Reviewed October 31, 2010 for a stay in August 2010

Crab omelettes, eggs benedict, chicken sausages, french toast souffle, cornmeal muffins with honey, and fresh garden basil and tomatoes are just some of the generous servings of scrumptious delights brought to your door-step every morning . Bright and airy from ocean breezes and a tranquil colour scheme, the self contained suites are fully equipped, including a barbeque, or you can dine at many restaurants in picturesque towns lining the Sunshine Coast. Walk a few steps through phlox, hostas, and bee balm toward the hot tub overlooking the ocean, or stroll amongst the day lilies, lavender, and impatiens lining the path to the ocean for swimming and beachcombing. There is a fitness room with stationary bike and elyptical, plus beach towels and cozy robes. We love it here and make it an annual 3 night trip!

bank7
New Westminster, Canada
“Ticked all the boxes and more.......”
Reviewed September 13, 2010 for a stay in September 2010

I recently had the good fortune to literally stumble upon this gem on BC's beautiful Sunshine Coast. ..We had not planned a stay in Sechelt, being on our way to Powell River, but the weather was beautiful and the setting of this fab B&B just drew us in. We ended up calling our friends in Powell River and telling them "expect us when you see us". Our accomidations were wonderful, right on the water, with everything one could possibly need included in the suite, right down to the blow dryer that I had not brought because I fealt I wouldn't need one. The owners, Doug and Doreen Penn were meant for this type of business, personable and friendly and helpfull to a fault. Thanks Doug, for the extra few pounds I went home with as a result of the terrific breakfasts, the likes of which I haven't had since my dad used to cook Sunday breakfasts for us as kids !!
The experience was a wonderful surprise and I will recomend to any and all who ask. No need to shop around, this will be the only place I ever stay again on the Sunshine Coast. I will plan a much longer stay next time. Thank you for the wonderful get away, we will be back.
Sincerely, J. Wilson, New Westminster, BC

Travelling group: Friends
Joy_of_Ke...
Folkestone, United Kingdom
“Every little detail seen to!”
Reviewed August 26, 2010 for a stay in August 2010

Gorgeous setting, helpful friendly owners, and every little detail thought about with the utmost of care. This was a romantic get-away which didn't disappoint! We were going to go out for meals but once we checked in, knew we just wanted to stay put and absorb the beauty, peace and quiet. The hot-tub facing the sea was truly heavenly. The bedding ultra comfy. The breakfast was made to our particularly finicky dietary restrictions with grace and deliciousness - never had baked pineapple before and intend to try it again, at hone. No request was too much bother, and everything was clean and spotless, chosen with love and care. Had a massage on the terrace over-looking the sea, how much better can you get? Thank you for a brilliant break!

Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing