Book In Advance
Tours from Talaysay Tours tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Talaysay Tours
from US$30.70
More Info
from US$80.59
More Info
All reviews talking trees stanley park walking tour alice lake indigenous culture first nation peoples interpretive walk highly recommend this tour porpoise bay excellent tour two hours stories wes storytelling land knowledge teacher
Reviewed April 5, 2018

Candace was our tour guide for this special Talking Trees tour. She was incredibly knowledgable, the tour flowed very well, and she was patient in answering all of our eager questions. I highly recommend this tour!

Date of experience: March 2018
Candace C, Manager at Talaysay Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2018

Angela,
Thank you for your feedback. I truly enjoyed my day spent with you and the group at the Cheakamus Centre up in Squamish last week.

Best regards

Reviewed March 18, 2018

I got this tour for my husband for his birthday - he loves the outdoors and as settlers on this land, we always want to learn more about its history and the stories that are attached to different areas so that we can have a deeper understanding about the area and Coast Salish peoples' life on the land. Wes, our guide, is a wonderful and patient teacher, telling us stories and teachings of the land, plants/trees and ways of life that passed through the areas we walked. We were very grateful for the experience and for the time we spent with Wes. Candace also ensured the day was really well organized and was very thoughtful in planning the day. Thank you!

Date of experience: March 2018
Candace C, Owner at Talaysay Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2018

Kathleen
Just wanted to send a note to thank you for your feedback and review on Trip Advisor.
Wishing both you and your husband a great summer.
Best wishes, Candace, Wes and the Talaysay Team

Reviewed March 10, 2018

I was in Vancouver for 2 days and my friend found this tour group and I am so happy she did!! Candace made the tour, both with her informative and personal stories, and with her incredibly gracious manner. I don't know much about the history of the native people of that region but Candace made me so interested to learn more. This was so much more than just a tour and I would recommend it highly to anyone visiting the area.

Date of experience: March 2018
Candace C, Owner at Talaysay Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2018

Carole and Steph,
I truly enjoyed meeting you both and thank you so much for the feedback; it truly means a lot. Thank you for all of the great questions too. Your interest in Indigenous culture and the history of these region makes it so great to be a guide. As a tour guide, I know I only spend a moment in our lives with you during these tours but even those moments stand out for me and it is a special connection. I wish you both the very best and hope to one day see you again.

Reviewed October 5, 2017 via mobile

Wes was an inspirational guide, with no bitterness. He sang and told stories. We felt his passion for a lost way of life and his determination to keep his culture alive. An unmissable experience.

Date of experience: October 2017
Candace C, Owner at Talaysay Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2017

Ginny
Thank you so much for sharing your experience on our Talking Trees Tour. We will inform Wes that your enjoyed his guided tour in Stanley Park

Reviewed September 1, 2017 via mobile

Thank you for a wonderful and informative walking tour. Wes was a brilliant guide and he really brought the first nations people and their stories alive for us. It was great to hear him speaking his language and singing; 21st century Vancouver melted away and we were taken back in time. We could have spent the whole day listening to him and learning about the coast Salish peoples. A memorable afternoon and thoroughly recommended if you want to learn about the culture and traditions of the first nation peoples of Vancouver.

Date of experience: August 2017
Candace C, Owner at Talaysay Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2018

Dear Christine,
Thank you so much for your feedback. Wes is a dear friend and a colleague who does incredible cultural work for our company and communities.
Sincerely