Book In Advance
Tours from Talaysay Tours tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

All reviews talking trees first nations stanley park cates park private tour excellent tour two hours stories culture wes land knowledge guide drumming vancouver challenges campo
Reviewed 1 week ago

Talaysay Tours developed a customized tour for teachers at my school so we could better get to know the forest in our area.
The organization was excellent. We enjoyed a delicious lunch and the tour itself was both beautiful and inspiring. The storytelling was informative, captivating and filled with gentle humour.
The information offered brought the forest alive in my heart and the activities inspired us to truly "love the land".

Candace C, Owner at Talaysay Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 6 days ago

Ruth
Thank you so very much for organizing this tour with your team at Norma Rose Point School. We had a great day with you all.
Warmest wishes and hope to see you soon.
All the best,
Candace

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We took a group of approx. 50 staff for a teambuilding and learning experience with Talaysay Tours to learn about local indigenous culture. It was phenomenal! The tour guides were excellent, and helped craft a morning that really met the needs of our staff. Highly recommend, and very much appreciate the work they're doing!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This past Thursday, my mom and I had the chance to participate in the Talking Trees tour. Candace and Sarah showed us the parts of the forest that were important to their families in history. It was interesting, peaceful, and so enjoyable. I would absolutely recommend Talasay!!!

Candace C, Owner at Talaysay Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Leanne and Judy,
Thank you so much for joining us. We truly enjoyed our morning with you and we are grateful for your feedback. Wishing you both the very best.

Candace and Sarah

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our tour was on October 14, 2018. We learned some history of the Salish peoples, as well as some story telling. Candace explained how the various plants and trees were used, and how they supported indigenous communities. Halfway through the tour we were given some home made tea which included berries, licorice, and stinging nettle, which was very yummy.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We wanted to both see Stanley Park and to learn more about the indigenous people’s experience in and around Vancouver. Candace was the perfect guide. She provided us with both information and with history, and did so with a sense of humor. I would highly recommend her tour to anyone.

Reviewed October 4, 2018

Thank you to Candace Campo for an exceptional morning this week that included a traditional greeting, a Talking Trees walk by the Esquimalt lagoon and along the tree-lined campus trails, plus an indigenous cultural talk to the 4th year students in Global Tourism Management. 2 1/2 hours went by too quickly!

Reviewed October 3, 2018

I attended a walking tour in Porpoise Bay Park near Sechelt. Candace is so kind and knowledgeable, it has been a pleasure listening to her stories while walking on nice, flat trails. Great insights into Indigenous culture and their bond with nature. Highly recommmend!

Reviewed September 7, 2018

We had one afternoon to spend in Vancouver, on August 29, 2018, and decided to take the tour with a First Nations guide. We are so pleased to have made this decision! Our guide, Jonathan Clarke, introduced us to not only the history of the natural world in the park, but clearly showed us the relationship his people had to the forest life and how their culture developed with its assets over hundreds of years. It was a great way to spend the afternoon, a highlight of our time in the northwest, and I highly recommend it.

Reviewed August 15, 2018 via mobile

I was the only person on my tour. I found the history and information very interesting and informative and my guide was excellent. I would definitely recommend this tour.

Candace C, Owner at Talaysay Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2018

We would like to take the opportunity to thank you for joining us on our Talking Trees tour in Stanley Park. Your feedback and review is truly appreciated by the Talaysay Team. Warmest wishes, Candace Campo - Operator.

Reviewed August 1, 2018

We took this tour with our kids between preschool and grade 4. As an adult, I found the tour very fascinating and would strongly recommend it. The school kids were fascinated by the uses for various plants and preschoolers were fascinated by the various stories that our guide told along the way, and surprised me by how much they'd remembered afterwards.

In terms of children: If you're looking for something where young kids will have fun and have smiling faces the whole way through, don't do this tour. But if you're looking to teach them something about indigenous practices and culture without getting them bored, then I'd recommend this tour - our kids learned more here than at any museum visit!

Sophie,

Thank you for joining us with your students. We love working with children and will continue to strive to make our tour both information and fun. Best wishes, Candace