All reviews homemade cookies sechelt inlet hot tub arbutus room sunshine coast local produce home made accommodating hosts gorgeous views provincial park porpoise bay every morning jean dick balcony hiking
Reviewed June 13, 2017

This was my first time staying at a B&B and the hosts, Jean and Dick surpassed all my expectations. The suites were clean, quiet, large and comfortable with HD cable, wifi, and fresh flowers, and my suite had a beautiful patio and view of the Sechelt Inlet. A kitchenette area outside the suites had a fridge stocked with bottled water and pop along with homemade cookies, along with microwave, hot water kettle, sink and tea and coffee. Jean and Dick had a great sense of humour and were helpful in their recommendations for restaurants, hikes and activities in the area. One highlight was the amazing three course breakfast that was prepared for you in the large dining room with large windows and deck facing the inlet. Regrettably, I did not have a chance to enjoy the hot tub outside with my itinerary but perhaps next time.

I would agree with all the other reviewers that Jean and Dick's friendliness and service truly made the weekend trip a great experience. Kudos to them and would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a pleasant stay in the Sunshine Coast.

Room tip: - All suites have their own deck and washroom/shower, so it comes down to which room colour you prefer.
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
dickandjean, Owner at Sechelt Inlet B&B, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2017

Greetings, and a huge thank you for writing this lovely review!
Both you, and T, were such lovely guests, we can't wait to host you again!

Reviewed May 26, 2017 via mobile

After a hectic work week, this was exactly what I needed! I was able to relax and unwind in an absolutely beautiful setting! Amazing sunsets! Dick and Jean Billingsley made me feel right at home! The food was incredible and beautifully displayed! I will definitely be staying there again! Hopefully soon!

Heather Yates

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Heather Y
dickandjean, Owner at Sechelt Inlet B&B, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2017

Hi Heather:
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this great review.
We enjoyed hosting you, and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed December 31, 2016

Hi wife and I celebrated our wedding anniversary here over the Canada Day long weekend. The view of the inlet was spectacular. You could see it from bed or sit on the patio to see more. We could also see it from the hot tub while drinking wine.

The breakfasts that Dick and Jean prepared were out of this world. They consisted of 3 courses, including fruit and homemade baked goods. The main dishes were something else though. I had never had an egg souffle before! We enjoyed these meals in a beautiful dining room overlooking the inlet again and all the while talking to other guests that were there.

This was our first time in Sechelt and Dick and Jean helped recommend places to eat and things to do. We mentioned that we wanted to see the Tidal Wars at Skookumchuck Narrows and Dick even went and printed off the timing of the tides for us while we were getting ready after breakfast.

Please note that parking is tight and so we're glad we only brought our small hatchback.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
dickandjean, Owner at Sechelt Inlet B&B, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2017

What a wonderful way to start The New Year!
Thank you so much!!!

Reviewed September 19, 2016

From my inquiring phone call months ago to checkout - the hosts were friendly, helpful, accommodating, cheerful, kind, and a model for all B&B hosts or hosts-to-be. This B&B is very allergy-friendly and the yummy breakfasts were prepared to accommodate my food allergies, down to the homemade muffins we had each morning. The muffins and fresh fruit were followed by crepes one morning and quiche the following. We cannot thank Jean & Dick enough, as we had a wonderful two-night stay with a 'to die for' view, a clean and spacious room, a private balcony, and everything one could hope for in a B&B. It's obvious the hosts are what make this place special, as they pour their hearts and souls into every detail. How they do it all is beyond me! It's worth the short drive from Sechelt to stay in this lovely home.

Room tip: Arbutus Suite is the only suite that has a king bed that can be split into twin beds.
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
dickandjean, Owner at Sechelt Inlet B&B, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2016

K&R:
Wow! All we can say is thank you, we are truly humbled by this amazing review.

Reviewed September 17, 2016

We had planned on staying two nights then extended our stay for a third night because of the location and the hosts. The room was spotless, breakfasts were delicious and Jean and Dick were amazing hosts! From the moment we arrived until the morning we left they always were there with a smile and willing to give tips on what to see or just have a friendly conversation. The view from the room is spectacular! The room had everything we needed including a corkscrew and wine glasses. Outside the room was a small kitchenette equipped with a microwave, small fridge with bottled water, coffee/tea and home made cookies you could help yourself to any time. I would recommend this B & B! Can't wait to go back!

Terry and Lynn L.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
dickandjean, Owner at Sechelt Inlet B&B, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2016

Lynn & Terry:
It was such a pleasure meeting, and spending time with the two of you!
Thank you so much for posting this very generous review. It is greatly appreciated.