See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed June 15, 2018 via mobile

This is an amazing campground! Very clean and well kept and the people working were all so nice :) they have everything you could need (wifi, laundry, washrooms with showers). Very close to the beach, in a lovely location easy to find. Thanks for the stay! We will return!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Tianna P
Reviewed September 8, 2017

This campground is pretty much take it as you see it. Its right off the highway which is convenient for access but makes it noisy most of the time. The spots are very small and most are pretty awkward but not terrible. There are some trees separating a few of the more open areas but its pretty bare bones. There is a small pool which we didn't get a chance to use- it looked like the depth ranged from 1-3 meters so good for older kids but not so much for smaller children. The bathrooms are regularly cleaned (twice daily) and about average for smaller campgrounds. There is a small strip mall with a grocery store right next to the campground so that was convenient. We stayed for a couple nights when the provincial park campgrounds were booked up. I wouldn't choose this as a destination campground but it made for a convenient base to explore nearby Davis Beach and other places along the southern stretch of the Sunshine Coast.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank KennieK
Reviewed August 2, 2017 via mobile

Worst site ever! The caretaker was a major bi#$h, very unaccomodating. We requested two sites side by side and We got two on opposite sides of the grounds. The place reeked of raw sewage and it was right beside a major highway. Lots of road noise all night long. I would never come back here.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Matt J
Reviewed July 18, 2017 via mobile

I really wanted to give this campground a good review, unfortunately I can't do that.

Checked in on a Friday. We stayed in site 28, it had partial shade.

The one staff member who greeted me was nice. She excepted payment and told me about the noise from the highway and we had a bit of small chat. Apparently there was a bear visiting the campground the day before we arrived, she told me it was from the previous guests leaving their food out. It was friendly service anyway.

So we get into the truck to drive into our tent site and right away we get a whiff of a sewer stink, we looked at one another and said do you smell that? We where worried. We were praying that we wouldn't smell the rotten sewer from our site. Sure enough we turn the corner and our site was right there, we thought oh no. (First impression ) The sites are small and close to each other. The hedges that separate each site had some flaws. We introduced ourselves to our new Neighbour's and started to unpack and get the site ready. We could very faintly smell the odour. But we were only at our site for a few hours until we set out on our adventures. We got back to the site late at 12:30am and realized the poop pump runs all night an annoying hum that consistently reminds you of the welcoming smell when we first arrived.

Oh I need to mention the highway noise right away. I thought I would be OK with it, because I've lived in big cities where, big trucks and engine breaks or sirens are everywhere all the time. What I didn't expect was being a few meters away, I could see traffic through my site and I was concerned with a vehicle driving off the road and plowing through the trees into my tent. And the LOUD ENGINE/AIR BREAKS were all night until at least 3 am. When the ferry traffic comes through you know it. Noise 24/7. Very loud. Almost Scary.

Day 2, Saturday
After breakfast went to wash dishes in designated area, people left old scrubbers filled with food and an old empty dish detergent was left behind as well, after running the water a bit I noticed water coming out the bottom of the cupboard it's on, I had to stand out of the way while I got my job done. (Cold water only) it was what it was.
I thought about taking a morning swim in the pool, I went out to take a dip. upon further inspection I decided it wasn't sanitary enough for me. Dirt clusters along the bottom, hair, and it was a little cloudy. I was definitely disappointed because this was one of the features that sold me on going to this campground. I did however use the shower it looked like I scored and got in right after someone cleaned it, the shower was 1$ for 6 minutes it was hot. Looking around at the corners and caulking I couldn't help but notice it needs some updating and fixing. The bathrooms have a perma smell to them but housekeeping did go in with their lemon Lysol product which helped with freshness at times. In the woman's washroom there was lots of sinks and space to do your morning and nighttime routine (full sized mirrors) although you should wash the counter before putting anything down. Went to use my hair straightener and none of the plugins on the counter worked, I told the office, a different person was in there, and she didn't care to help me (disappointing). I did find an outlet behind a garbage by the door that worked so I quickly ran it though my hair blindly (frustrating). There was 4 bathroom stalls and one was permanent locked you couldn't help but notice a big pile of stagnant water was pooled in it, it was the closest one to the showers (gross).

My husband mentioned to me that one of the bathroom stalls in the men's room was also closed off and he found it odd that the mirrors above the sinks were very, very low due to the location of the windows. He said he had to crouch down to 4 feet to see in it. Lol

We left the grounds during the day and returned at 1am and the STINK was 120% at our site. Shocker, not! It was horrible we zipped our selfs in the tent and tried to go to bed over all the noise from the highway, the septic pump.

Day 3, Sunday
Woke up to the smell, barf... when your cooking bacon you should be able to smell it, not the looming s*** smell. We left all day to return at 9pm and it was stinky more so then ever. We tried to enjoy our last night with making warm snacks and playing games. Although we were frustrated about the stench. The camp ground was so small we were worried about keeping people up because we could literally hear people rolling on top of their air mattresses inside their tents beside us.

Day 4, Monday
Last morning before check out, again the smell has grown to a record breaking gag reflex. We packed up asap and got out of there. Usually when I check out I would thank the office or owner for the experience, this time I couldn't wait to get out of there, and I was not very thankful to say the least.

I'am sorry if this review is not what you wanted to hear, it is just my experience. And for 30$ per night... definitely not worth it. I really hope they put some of that money away for enhancements on all these issues. They need to do a lot of work on this property.

The one friendly staff member at the beginning was the only pleasant part. The second staff member I asked about the outlets was useless.

When I was looking online before my trip I found similar reviews and thought maybe people were being harsh. Now I know exactly where they are coming from. I also couldn't find very many photos of the sites, so I took a few to post. Hopefully this helps you make in informed decision.

Happy camping.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jaimie D
Management response:Responded July 26, 2017

Hi Jaimie D,
Thank you for your comments, we cant fix them without feed back!
I apologize again for the septic smell. As we tried to explain to all guest, we had an unfortunate incident with the Bicycle Race that came through the Sunshine Coast
emptying their porta potties and showers, full of chemicals, into our septic system killing all bacteria, leaving our system over worked and smelly. While it was unpleasant, most guest understood. We gladly refunded guest with our apologize if they chose not to stay.
The staff on duty did contact me about the blown breaker, and it was remedied pretty quick with a flip of a switch!
Our pool is monitored and inspected weekly by the
Ministry of Interior Health, as well as being maintained by a reputable local pool and spa company. We do our best to keep it clean. It is vacuumed EVERY day, but sediments do appear with so much use during the hot weather. I guarantee it is safe to swim in.
We try to be clear that we are a small, older campground. We never lead people to believe we offer 'private' sites, nor do we hide the fact we are located on Hwy 101, a two lane road, and the only highway on the Sunshine Coast. Yes, there is road noise. We stand by our statement that the highway quiets down once the ferry stops.
Our focus is to keep the campground and washrooms clean, (yes, they are dated!) the pool refreshing and our guests happy!

Trena
Manager Creekside Campground

Reviewed July 14, 2017

This campground is right next to the 101 highway. Very noisy all day long. The campground is ok, but could use more attention. The staff were very nice. The pool was a nice touch. Washrooms and showers were ok, but again could use more attention. Would most likely look for a quieter campground next time.

Room Tip: Try to get a site at the back of the campground, it should be quieter there.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mike b
Management response:Responded October 3, 2017

Yes unfortunately, our campground is getting noisier! We are an older campground, while conveniently located, (walking distance to Davis Bay with stores located next door) the increase in popularity of the Sunshine Coast, with its 40 minute ferry ride from Horseshoe Bay, has become a great little getaway for many wanting to escape the city! We have one highway that runs 90km from ferry to ferry. (Langdale to Earls Cove) We are on the main highway, 101, and with the increase in popularity, the traffic noise has become steady through out the summer season, and some what less in the off season. We do offer some tent sites away from the highway, but as you can imagine those fill up fast!