Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
DX2GO
Medicine Hat, Canada

Good unplanned stop

Review of Monashee Motel
3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jul 20, 2019
Due to a delay on Highway 1 I was behind schedule so decided to stay overnight in Sicamous. The Monashee Motel looked basic, but appeared pretty well maintained, so I decided to give it a try. The rate was fair, the room was comfortable, and I had no issues with noise. The basketball hoop was a nice touch too. I'd have no problem staying there again either alone or with the family.
Date of stay: July 2019
          • eDreams
          0.1 km from Monashee Motel
          Restaurant
          View more hotels in Sicamous
          See what travellers are saying:
          Selected filters
          Reviewed July 1, 2018

It was a clean basic motel with decent beds, nice fridge and good tv. What was missing was more plugs -- all these toys need recharging! There should also be a plug in the bathroom.

The walls were paper-thin as you could hear much of what was happening next door. However, all was quiet during the night and we left well rested.

Date of stay: June 2018
          • Trip type: Travelled with friends
          1  Thank funtravels4me
          Reviewed June 18, 2018

This is a very clean, basic motel that is well kept. It is a little dated but was good for a single night while traveling. It is relatively close to the highway but did not cause any problems. I would stay there again if passing through the area.

Date of stay: June 2018
          • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
          Reviewed March 13, 2018 via mobile

We stopped here when passing through B.C. the rate was good and the room was very clean and well kept. It was a bit dated but everything was in working order. The walls are thin as we could hear the people in the next room talking. However there was no noise from the adjacent highway. Overall a good place for a night's rest....as long as your neighbors go to bed when you do.

Date of stay: March 2018
          Trip type: Travelled as a couple
          Reviewed August 11, 2017 via mobile

Me and my partner were travelling from Calgary to Vancouver for the August long weekend and wanted a room for the night near the halfway point.

We saw Monashee for a reasonable price and decided to give them a call to check they had 24hr check in as we'd be travelling through the night.

They said they had.

After driving for several hours we stop for gas and I check my phone to find I have a miss call from a sicamous number.

I call back to be asked if we are still coming.
          I confirm and the gentleman on the end of the phone said they had no rooms left.
          I inform him we booked online through expedia.
          He said that he tried my card and it was declined (the same card I just used to by gas).

All in all was extremely unhelpful on the phone bearing in mind we'd already confirmed they have 24hr check in available.

I feel someone stopped by and our room was given to a higher bidder.

Long story short if you want to be guaranteed a room, don't book here.

We continued to drive on and had to sleep in the car.

I was just glad we didn't have kids with us.

Date of stay: August 2017
          Trip type: Travelled as a couple
          Reviewed July 25, 2017

The motel is right out of the early 70s that includes a lime green bathtub and old retro chairs. You may consider it run down but it was clean. We were happy to have a room to call home for a couple of nights as the Shootout was happening in Sicamous over the weekend. It's located on the east end of town across the highway from the HuskyTruck Stop and the first night we stayed it was pretty noisy from the semis but the second night it was quiet so I really don't know what to think. Not sure if we'd stay there again but it was clean and the staff was friendly.

Date of stay: July 2017