“Great sleep and great rates”
Review of Sunshine Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Smithers
Sunshine Inn
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Smithers
Prince George
“Great sleep and great rates”
Reviewed 15 February 2012

I've spent the better part of 4 weeks staying in this hotel, and though I'm a real home-body, this is as close to feeling at home as I've felt. The rooms are bright, up-to-date, clean, and comfortable. I've been staying in a King suite. Super quiet, friendly and helpful staff, great location.

Room Tip: Go for the 3rd floor if you don't mind the stairs or an elevator ride - it's the most quiet.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Chilliwack, Canada
Reviewed 1 February 2012

My Husband Works up North, and his company was having a Halloween/Xmas Party and Spouses were invited to come and attend...So off I went...My husband Stays at this Hotel often for work related purposes. We were on the ground floor facing South. It was nice to have no Elevator to have to always be going up or down to leave the Hotel, especally when the urge rose for a Cigerette, and I was really pleased to see they had this heavy sand-filled Cigerette butt-out Container as I "Will Not Put out my Butt" on the ground...The Staff are friendly, Check-In & Check-Out easy...The Rooms are clean, very spacious and even with being on the ground floor they were still quiet...The Location is wonderful, you can pretty much walk to everywhere downtown for Shopping, and there's a number of Restraunts right across the highway including a Tim Hortins for those of us who must have our Timmy's first thing in the Morning...There's a Contiental Breakfast Area, although I can never take advantage of these in hotels as I cannot have any Wheat or Gluten products, I did however see a number of men taking advantage of the service. This hotel is located right off the highway so it's easy access get too and getting back onto the highway to carry on your travels...It's recently Renovated so for anyone with Sensitives too Off-Gassing I can say it wasn't too bad I just opened my window every morning to let in some fresh air, as the reno's I think had to have been done awhile before my stay...Bed was cofy, sheets looked clean and crisp but again due to allergies I always bring my own sheets and pillow case, don't know what they use for detergent or if Bleach is used on the linens but the linens definately bothered my sineses...This should be of "No Negative" reflection on the hotel, as people such as myself are not the norm, I'm simply posting it as a heads-up for those who are as sensitive as myself....They did accomodate my needs in regards to my prior phone call request about please ensuring that no room freshners or carpet deoterizers be used in our room prior to arrival...There are Conveint Vending Machines in the Hallway, we had a kitchenette, and although we never had to use it, it was very nice and had everything you could need that I could see, Nice Large Flat Screen TV's...Bathroom's are Small but clean and nice with a most amazing tub, I've never seen tubs where the sides go up so far, that was nice for a relaxing soak, and they are slantbacks which are also wonderful...Overall, The Sunshine Inn is a very Comfortable Place to stay while in Smithers...

Room Tip: Our Room on the South Side was Quiet...Rooms on the North Side face the Highway...Ground floor is ni...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 11 November 2011

I have been staying at this hotel since November 8, 2011 and am leaving today on November 11, 2011. The last few days have been very comfortable and the staff at the hotel are very friendly. I really liked the guest pass to the local rec centre as well.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank mrpremji
Langley
Reviewed 27 September 2011

After not being able to stay at my usual hotel in Smithers (Storknest) I booked this one based on the reviews. Overall, it's a pretty nice hotel but there are a number of things that bugged me. There are a number of stains on the carpet in my room, not a good first impression. I had to have the duvet cover changed as there were stains on it and it obviously hadn't been changed since the previous guest. The bathtub doesn't drain very well so by the time I'm done my shower I'm standing in ankle deep water.

The complimentary continental breakfast is adequate, but I've had much better. The fitness room (2 home treadmills and a wind bike) was obviously an afterthought, as it's just one of the guest rooms with the beds removed, and a single person sauna stuffed in the corner. The 32" LCD TV's are nice, but they're just plugged in via coax and the image isn't very good.

It is a bright, new hotel. The mattress is great, the furniture utilitarian. For Smithers, I guess not too bad.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
5 Thank Keith H
Phoenix, Az
Reviewed 19 September 2011

We stayed here 8 nights while on steelhead fishing trip. The rooms are huge, very clean and quiet. The breakfast is very basic but adequate. The staff was exceedingly helpful. Highly recommend.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank tessie46
Prince George, Canada
Reviewed 29 August 2011

This hotel is nice, clean and quiet. Has an elevator.
Recently renovated according to a front desk staff.
Has a dining area for free 'self-serving' breakfast which I wasn't fan of it.
I loved its location - close to Main St.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank syphone
Prince George
Reviewed 16 August 2011

I checked out this morning after 7 nights. This hotel is very nice. The conti b/fast each morning is above average. Well above average. Parking is very good. The rooms are roomy. Roomy enough to do a cart wheel in. The Sunshine Inn is a Smithers gem. It really is. 2 thumbs way up.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business