All reviews bear country bunk condo bedroom couch closet christmas accommodation ski village
Reviewed February 17, 2017

We enjoyed our stay at Crystal Forest (Apartment 56). This 6 year old condo is well set out. It is 2 storey with the living/eating area and a small bathroom on the ground floor. The second floor has two bedrooms, two bathrooms and the laundry facilities.

The heating system was excellent and we felt very cosy during our stay.

The ground floor has two access points - via the front door and also into the underground car park behind it. On the second floor, another door provides access to the back of the condos, the ski locker for the apartment and to the slopes.

Crystal Forest is about a 10 minute walk from the village, at the same elevation. It was billed as ski in- ski out, so we thought it might have been further up the hill. It is definitely not ski-in-ski out. You can access the Crystal Forest via a Sundance access track, though there is about a 100 mtre walk slightly uphill and across a road to access the condo on the way home. Heading out it is definitely a walk, around 10 - 15 minutes down to the village and about 10 minutes up to Morrissey. So, we are scratching our head about that.

There was no information about the best way to access the ski runs, and the Sun Peaks Vacation Rentals people, had no idea either when we asked. They were however very responsive to our maintenance requests.

The only provisions were tea and coffee and salt and pepper. There was no sugar. The kitchen was well equipped and had everything we needed.

The hot tub was marvellous. Although we thought we would be quite exposed in it, it really was very private and wonderful after a day's skiing.

I thin this place might be better for folk with a vehicle. We came via the Kamloops -Sun Peaks shuttle. Check in was after 4pm, but we told the Manager that we would be arriving around 2pm and he said he would do what he could to ensure we could get in earlier. After the long trip, we were delighted to be able to do so.

We received instructions to remove all rubbish to the facility near the Burfield lift which is too far without a car. The Manager told us to let him know and he would get the Hot Tub maintenance folk to dispose of our rubbish for us. We decided to dispose of it in the local bins as we went to keep it manageable. As we were leaving, we noticed that there is a trailer for the trash for residents in the car park plus a place for recycleables. This also would have been useful to know during our stay (and we would have known had we had a car and driven in).

So, whilst we enjoyed the apartment, given it's location, we would prefer to stay somewhere where access to the ski runs is easier.

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank FarflungEddie
Reviewed January 4, 2017

6 of us stayed here for a week and it really was perfect. We had 3 kids and 3 adults and was large enough for all of us without tripping over each other. It was -20 the whole time we were there so the underground parking was a great feature as the hot tub was 4 steps from the back door and always toasty warm. It isn't far from the chairlifts but I wouldn't want to walk that in ski boots, normal boots would be fine for a stroll to the village. We would stay again here for sure.

Room tip: check the floor plans and bed types, they allow that
Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Jason M
Reviewed December 20, 2016 via mobile

What a great little place to call home for a few days! Close to everything. If you do it right you can ski almost to your door!
Only minor issue was the hot tub wasn't at the 104°Infact we got out shortly after getting in because it was too cool. Would be nice to have a flipper in the kitchen maybe some tongs. Kettle was mudding but the bottom part was there so perhaps something happened to it.

All in all I'd definetly stay here again!

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed September 28, 2016

The condo was great and the kitchen was full! Had every thing needed to cook a full meal, pots pans cutlery, everything , fantastic place.
Nice fireplace, nice tv, quick walk to town. Everything you need is here minus groceries

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2016

I booked a 1 bedroom condo with a hot tub for my wife and I to celebrate our anniversary up at Sun Peaks. Unfortunately the condo I booked was booked by the owners shortly after so I was bumped up to a 2 bedroom condo. I was very happy to see that I was still given a place with a hot tub still as this was important to us to relax in and at no extra charge. I was also very happy that when I asked if I could be given a later check out at 11am that I was offered to check out at noon! The customer service was excellent here and a welcome envelope of great and useful information was provided by the Top of the Mountain team. I would definitely book here again.

Having said that there are a few things that could be improved here.
- The TV's are old and dated, the one in the bedroom did not work with the remote.
- The internet is slow
- The locations could use with a few privacy fences thrown up between some of the units. It's not very comfortable being in a hot tub and staring at your neighbours.
- The shower pressure leaves something to be desired
- The towels are old and not very good.
- The is hard and uncomfortable

Date of stay: August 2016