Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 14, 2019

Service close to zero. Nobody at reception when you leave. If you stay for 2 night, the room will not be cleaned.
For breakfast - and it's noy a joke - you have to do it yourself. The only thing you have is a free access to the common kitchen.
To summerize: hotel price but YMCA standart.

Date of stay: August 2019
Graham C, Owner at Captains Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2019

Hello,
My apologies for the clear confusion as we are not at all a B&B, and do not advertise as one... The Captain's Inn is simply just an inn. We offer our guests a free continental breakfast as a convenience due to lack of restaurants serving breakfast in the area. A continental breakfast is typically a lighter style breakfast where guests can choose from a variety of foods such as breads, fruits, cereals, coffee, juice, etc. Guests usually then toast their own bread, pour their own cereal, etc.

Reviewed July 8, 2019

This is quite a cheap option and therefore doesn't offer any luxuries. Our room was a decent size but the bed was rather squashy. It looked out over the car park. The shower and toilet were in an en suite but the sink was in the room which was annoying and there wasn't enough space to put stuff. No cleaning or bed-making was done. The DIY breakfast was quite basic and a bit tricky if there was more than one couple in the kitchen at the same time. A limited selection of cereals, toast and fruit. Overall, reasonable value.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 2, 2019

Staying at The Captain’s Inn in Alma, New Brunswick was a perfect place for my solo trip and first visit to Alma. For anyone looking for a family run business to support I’d like to highlight a few specific points about this Inn:

1. The owners and proprietors, Madison and her father Graham, are very friendly and helpful. They run the inn as well as the gas station next-door and Madison goes back-and-forth between the two places. You may not find someone always at the front desk of the inn and if Madison is not there she is just next door. She was always accessible and helpful.

2. The rooms and beds are very comfortable with fluffy pillows. That’s always a highlight for me. I posted a photograph here. I stayed on the second floor and chose to have a room at the back which overlooks the parking lot.

3. A continental breakfast is offered between 7:30 and 9:30 AM. Cereal, muffins, toast, fruit and juice as well as coffee is available. One of the things that really helped me out as a solo traveler is that I was able to go and get chili and chicken noodle soup to go from Kelly’s Bake Shop down the road and bring it back to the inn and put it in the fridge to heat up for dinner in the microwave. That was a real plus!

4. I was rarely at the inn because I was out hiking but it was nice to know that there was such a comfortable sitting area as well as a TV room with lots of old favorite DVDs.

This is a family run business and like all of the small businesses in Alma, hats off to everybody for being so warm and welcoming and friendly. It’s a great community!!

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed July 2, 2019 via mobile

We booked a queen which upon arriving we realized was pretty small. For a few dollars more we got a double queen which had lots more room. The room had 3 windows, 3 chairs, 2 bedside tables, a vanity and another little table. The beds are firm, the room clean and simple. Breakfast is a very basic continental. This is no frills but comfortable and pleasant. It’s also reasonably priced.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alleycat427
Reviewed November 10, 2018

Oh my every time I will stay in Alma NB now will be at Captain Inn. The owner really friendly person. Also this place is clean clean clean just confortable and quiet...the bed is comfy the morning breakfast cereal, fruit, bagel oatmeal, cereal bar ☕️ coffee just amazing also the TV room is really nice the front porch wow the view for me this is the place to be. Thank you very much Mr Graham you’re a really nice person...

Date of stay: November 2018