Hole-in-the-Wall Park & Campground
US$67
St. Andrews Motor Inn(Saint Andrews)
US$132
US$162
US$89
Granite Town Hotel(St. George)
US$74
Bluebird Motel(Machias)(Great Value!)
US$105
Compass Rose(Grand Manan)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfog horncliff edgesee whalesthe ownerwilderness campingsaw sealsoverlooking the baykeep trackend of julyhiking trailswallow taillaid backfour nightsfish headgave us a mapseals swimfull hookups
Reviewed August 23, 2016

We arrive at our site to be greeted by 2 playful seals about 50ft below us frolicking in the water. Our tent barely fits the site but that is part of the adventure. Your view is vast across the Bay of Fundy. We had the privilege of constant whale sightings during our 3 night stay as well as many porpoise and seabirds. The minkes, finbacks and humbacks made themselves known blowing and breeching. You do hear them in the night but it is not bothersome. Waves of herring schools swim by which creates a gentle sound. Fog made its way to Grand Manan that week which does bring on the fog horns you can hear in the distance and the ferry does have to make itself known on its transport across the bay but in sunny weather you hear SILENCE. A distant seagull may break your calm. The campground itself is nothing fancy in fact the middle appears to be some kind of aggregate dig site. The sites are full of roots and rocks so bring your hiking shoes. They are pretty private as well. You will need to hike down to many of the cliff edge sites about 20 feet +/-. There are several hiking trails that afford you some gorgeous views. There is a shared kitchen area and microwave and burners awa showers and flush toilets. Site areas are all pit toilets. There are no activities of amenities other than those mentioned. Wood is $5 - 6CAN you can buy Ice for $2CAN. I would recommend it for the experience of watching whales while lying in your tent.

Room Tip: Cliff Edge sites are on the route where the whales swim
Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank t42390
Reviewed August 22, 2016

Very nice and friendly service!
The camp sites are spacious. You can even camp on the cliff side, with a view of the ocean!
Hiking trails are fun and have spectacular views.
Shared showers, bathrooms and kitchen facility are basic, but adequate.

Room Tip: Best view of the Hole in the Wall!
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed August 21, 2016 via mobile

By far best place I've ever camped in Canada. Stayed 2 nights on a cliff site 10b
Originally we where only going to stay one but had booked for 2. After the first day we didn't want to leave. Woke up to the sound of whales breaching and blowing water through their water hole. Watched that for a good hour. Then a couple hours after watched a few more whales playing around Infront of our site. Throughout the day seals would play and eat fish, you could see the fish jumping out of the water.
At night you can hear the whales breaching and blowing. Listen for a rifle shot that's actually a whale hitting the water.

It was well worth the drive from Ontario. Wish I could drive there every year. I travel a lot and this island is by far the best place on earth for the nature buff. Should be on anyone's bucket list.

The island offers so much, people are so friendly, make sure to stop at the north head store to speak with the guy there he's so informative. Sold us a squid jigging lure but we couldn't stay out to late. Almost caught a seal instead.

Great place to watch the tide come in and out.

Campground is on an honour system, take what u need and pay later.

Lots of good eats on the island, everything is pretty much homemade

Visit Grand Manan Island you won't want to leave.

If you like Dulse this is one of the only places to get it, and the lobster is insanely good. And super cheap $9lb.

I have so much more great things to say about this place but long drive home and tired.

Just go!! You won't be disappointed at all.

Oooooo.... And the ferry across is great try the lobster roll yum yum!
Fish chowder is excellent. And you can see whales dolphins and bald eagle.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2016 via mobile

Had the pleasure of staying 2 nights while riding the island on my motorcycle. I was guided to my cliffside campsite by one of the staff on an atv. She was extrememly helpful and even gave me a couple maps of the island with places to see, things to do and even where to eat! I could't get over the amazing views right from my camp site! I had a clear view of the swallow tail light and got to see the ferrys comming in multiple times a day. Now if you're a light sleeper I would recommend bringing ear plugs.There is a fog horn on the swallow tail light that you can hear plain as day if there is any amount of fog. However I think that just added to my incredible experiance on the island! There are showers ($2) and firewood available on site as well! I'd like to say thankyou to the owners for providing such an excellent service for a very reasonable price!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed August 14, 2016

Was in the campground for 4 nights. Staff was great to direct us to our site. We had Top G . We saw some whales right off the cliffs on our site. Good space for our tents and eating area. Nearby sites also good for viewing and for those with tent-trailers. Showers were kept clean and we had good access to plugs to charge our phones.

Thanks again to owner Kay for keeping a great campground going for so many years.

Room Tip: First choice should be cliff side site.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family