Open today: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
rocked

good group of guides, tour takes a couple of hours. don't have to be an expert to do this. very... read more

Reviewed November 6, 2021
Mark G
Dieppe, Canada
Another item off my bucket list! Kayak the rocks

We kayaked the rocks on Sept 4th, 2021 and I loved every minute of it. This has been on my bucket... read more

Reviewed September 18, 2021
166larry
London, Canada

All reviews hopewell rocks kayaking tour high tide experienced paddlers cliff walls great tour tour group a lot of fun would highly recommend this tour local wildlife amazing adventure change of clothes bucket list highest tides in the world ocean floor flower pots paddling
Selected filters
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I debated whether to kayak at Hopewell with Baymount or Fundy National Park with FreshAir. Both companies seemed to be very well reviewed, but ultimately the decision boiled down to the incredible scenery at Hopewell. No better way to observe the rock formations than kayaking right underneath them. We had a great experience and staff made every effort to guarantee a fun time.

Date of experience: September 2013
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is a must do trip if you are visiting the Hopewell Rocks - which has the worlds highest tides in Bay of Fundy.

This is Staff is awesome and make sure you have a memorable experience.

Only reason I gave 4 stars is cause i felt the kayak rental was tad to expensive.. but I would still recommend not missing it - hope I am making sense :-)

Date of experience: September 2013
1  Thank samitk
Reviewed September 2, 2013

The 'Kayak the Rocks' is completely as described on their website, and a lot of fun. Friendly staff, calm water, fun experience kayaking through the formations on high tide. Most people did not get very wet, but I did even with the splash guard- so beware. We were inexperienced kayakers, but figured it out and the group was pretty patient and of mixed levels. Highly recommend as a way to see the Rocks, especially when paired with a walk through the formations after at low tide.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

This kayaking tour was the best part of our visit to the incredible Hopewell Rocks, and in my opinion it's a must if you're wiling to pay more than the park entry fee. We booked our kayaking tour through Innisfree B&B (best B&B ever) and got a discount. The guides were really fun, friendly and knowledgable which contributed a lot to the tour. The kayaks (clean and safe) were all tandem so if you're an odd number party you may be paired with a new friend or a guide- no one seemed to mind this at all. The tour started while the tides were still a bit low and then reached high tide by mid-tour, so we were able to see the incredible change in the water level; I would recommend going while tides are changing (check a tides schedule or just ask when you book). The tour offered incredible views and fun adventures going in and under the rock formations- much more involved and interesting than just walking the beach at low tide, which we had done earlier. Not to be missed!! Wear shorts and shoes to the park as it's muddy walking around and people were slipping off their flip flops while exploring. Baymount provides small waterproof bags to bring your camera on the tour.

1  Thank maritimetraveller224
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We recieved our two trip package through Maplegrove Inn in River-side Albert. First day we chose the kayaking which was amazing. Our group of guides were amazing and extremely knowledgable on the area. The tour lasted about 2-2.5 hours in our two-person kayaks (divorce boats they call them). The equipment was in great shape and everything felt very safe. The views were phenomonal however if you do not do the walk at low-tide first it is not as impressive. The low-tide walk at the rocks is a must-do before repeating it, this time 40 feet higher.

Our second trip our was with Richard on the leisurely biking tour, the one for anyone looking for a bit of history of the area and a casual bike ride. He met us right at the driveway of our Inn and we headed out, the whole trip took about 3.5 hours. Richard is a retired school teacher from NB and you can tell!! He is extremely knowledgable about the area and all of its History. We were exhausted after the bike ride as we chose to do the "little hill" detour on the way back but whether you think it is little or not, either way it is a great work out!! My wife and I had a blast on both of these excursions and will be trying the others they offer next time we are in the area. We would recommend this to any of our closest friends and family!!