All reviews smoking room clean bathroom fast food restaurants an older building keurig coffee maker lots of parking tv
Reviewed November 14, 2017

It was hard to find this Inn but we had a very comfortable night once we did. The room was large with comfortable beds. The sheets were a nice quality and clean. There was a mattress protector encasing the mattress. In the room was a Keurig coffee maker, mini fridge, hair dryer, desk & chair, and a flat screen TV. I would rate this Inn as excellent except for the fact that the cleaning staff was loud and the vacuuming started in the next room at 8:00 am, which woke us up. Amanda was great and a delight! I would stay here again.

Room tip: Ask if they can start cleaning a little later
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed October 20, 2017 via mobile

Had to check out of previous hotel at 11. Called to see if we could check in early due to luggage etc. The staff were amazing and so accommodating!! They let us check in early so we could nap (which made our lives as we had gotten married the weekend prior and extremely tired after all the festivities). Great location and love that it has Jungle Jim’s!

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2017

Driftwood Inn is conveniently located in downtown Deer Lake close to shopping, gas and fast food restaurants. My wife and I had completed a cross country road trip in August 2017 and I stayed here in September on a return to Newfoundland to see a few things I missed. The Inn is close to the TransCanada but you will not see it from the road. Parking is available a few steps from the entrance and I was impressed with the friendly and very helpful reception. The motel has good sized rooms which include a Keurig coffee maker, good fridge, large work area with good internet service, and a very clean and modern bathroom with lots of towels and good amenities. Driftwood Inn also has a good lounge and Jungle Jim’s restaurant with an extensive menu. Driftwood Inn will be appreciated by those who value good service, a very clean bathroom, comfortable bed, and a vibrant lounge. I enjoyed my stay.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2017

Dorothy and I overnighted here after flying into Deer Lake, and before leaving for L'Anse Aux Meadows. The staff were friendly and helpful. The room was theoretically a queen room, but it was very small, and stuffed with furniture. Everything was clean, but the bed was somewhat saggy. We were tired and didn't want to go searching for a dinner spot, so we ate in the restaurant attached, which was pretty mediocre. This is a reasonable and convenient stop for a one-night layover, but I wouldn't recommend it for anything other than that.

Room tip: Try to get a room on the side of the hotel away from the road.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2017 via mobile

The location of the Driftwood is convenient. We were well served by the front desk staff. They arranged taxi service to the airport and that went well. The facility is quite dated
. The furnishings in the room were way too large to the point of having me constantly bumping the dresser and I am not a big guy. Could never work for someone with mobility concerns. The floors creaked when walking and I could feel the uneveness of the the boards under the carpet. This is an older place so do not expect otherwise. Not for every taste but i slept well.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple