All reviews breakfast buffet was included gros morne national park door entrance gas station baked beans stayed here for one night early risers recently stayed here grocery stores and restaurants check in was smooth and quick suited our needs comfortable beds gluten free nice hotel next morning restaurant attached lake motel
Reviewed October 7, 2018

Clean upgraded rooms with small bathroom. Good WiFi, Attached restaurant with free breakfast for guests.Dinner in the restaurant was poor in quality and value.
Small fitness room. No pool or spa. Close to the airport and on the TransCanada Highway.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed September 13, 2018

We stayed at this hotel on Aug. 30 2018. Very nice and clean. Friendly staff at both check in and checkout. Very convenient as it is close to the airport. Also, the free breakfast is great. Contenental breakfast for the early risers and hot breakfast at 6am i think. Overall, nice hotel.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2018

My husband and I stayed at the Deer Lake Motel the night before we were set to fly out of Deer Lake. The main reception area was nice and inviting, but our room left something to be desired. The smell of cigarette smoke wafted in and out of the room from an unknown source. There was food on the floor left over from previous guests. The drain in the shower was clogged so that I was wading in water by the end of my shower. For the price, we certainly wish we had stayed elsewhere. We stayed in much nicer places over the course of our trip for much less.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2018

We stayed here for one night before flying out, so just wanted somewhere to sleep. On entering the lobby we were pleasantly surprised to see that it was quite spacious and modern. The rooms were a little more dated, but spacious, clean, and with good amenities.
The only minor point was that the front of the hotel was quite busy with parking, and people moving about, as all of the ground floor rooms have their own motel-door entrance. This meant it was a bit noisier than we would have liked.
On a positive note, the hotel serves a continental breakfast from 3am, with full breakfast from 6.30am. This was great, as we needed to leave around 6am, so at least having something to tide us over was great.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2018

My wife and I drove over 50,00 KM’s in the past 12 months and stayed at more than 75 hotels/motels. This was my second stay at Deer Lake Motel and I returned to show my wife how nice it was. We were both impressed with the motel and restaurant. Our thanks to Doreen for her prompt and friendly service. We had a room on the second floor at the back and it was very quiet. Rooms on the first floor allow you to park in front of your room and enter your room directly. We enjoyed our stay and recommend Deer Lake Motel. We plan to stay here again on our next trip to Newfoundland

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple