All reviewsheated poolsandy beachesno worriesget awaywoodcabinstaycation
Reviewed September 11, 2015

We just stayed for one night with our two dogs after staying for two nights in August 2014 without them (there for Indian Day celebrations). You have to book early to get the cabin you want, but both that we stayed in were comfortable and clean. It is a big plus to be able to take our dogs with no worries ($10 per dog per day pet fee). May be slightly pricey for what it is, compared to other places we've stayed. We are in love with Eastport so did not spend a lot of time in the actual campground area, but were pleased by how close it was to everything we were there for. It has almost everything you could want/need for cooking (one cabin had a wine key, one didn't; bring your own glasses if you care what you drink out of). Comfy beds and plenty of towels/linens. We will definitely go back.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Jami H
Reviewed July 31, 2015

We have stayed at these cottages for 3 years in a row. You have to be sure to book months ahead of time to get a cabin, but the area is just perfect! Large area for the kids to play, an awesome indoor heated swimming pool for those rainy days and the cabins (compared to others in the area) are just perfect for a weekend getaway! It is no spa on the beach, but it is a great family place to meet new friends, have camp fires and enjoy the great Newfoundland outdoors! The owners can become very ignorant at times, and sometime not very helpful or even WANT to help you, but ignore that, enjoy your family time and you will not regret Seaview!

This year we were unfortunate and did not to get a cabin. Booked too late. Stayed in another local cottage... NEVER again! Unfortunately the owner of Seaview was not very nice when I asked about a cancellation list either.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed June 15, 2015

Let me start by saying that this would be a great place to camp with your RV. The cabins are a little cozy and our sea view was restricted a bit by a bunch of trees to one side but it was a quiet serene spot out of the way which had a fire pit for our use. The bathroom was a bit on the small side but it was serviceable. I felt the price was too high for what you got in return but as with most ocean view places you're paying for the view more than the amenities. If I ever get a recreational vehicle I will happily stay here again. My one real complaint was about the WiFi. Supposedly you get 30 minutes free when you first log in. I used all of 3 minutes of it and then logged out to save it for later on. When I tried to log back in later it only gave me an option to pay for more which I chose not to do. Not sure if there was a special log out button on the page that I missed but if there was I couldn't find it and no one told us anything abut it.

Room Tip: don't count on actually getting 30 minutes of free wifi
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

The cabins at Seaview Cottages are an absolutely wonderful place to stay. I've been going there for many years now and wouldn't even consider staying anywhere else. The view is absolutely stunning. The cabins themselves are very well done and cozy on the inside, with a beautiful deck on the front to sit by the water. There is an indoor heated pool beside the cabins that is perfect for both a sunny day or a rainy day. To top it all off, the owners and staff are all genuinely kind and friendly people. I've been going there for years and I will continue going for many more.

• Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank tnorman7
Reviewed August 5, 2014

The first thing I saw upon arriving was an old truck junked on the edge of the property near the registration office.
My girlfriend and I go into our cabin and the fousty smell hit us. It smelled bad and it looked bad. I wasn't expecting a fancy resort, but it would've been nice to see cupboard doors hung straight and door frames that were squared. The appliances looked like they were salvaged from the side of the road.
That beautiful, ocean view they advertise is a farce. At best it's a mediocre view of the water, and, secondly, the view is blocked by a ridge with weeds growing on it.
There is no privacy if you want to sit out on your 4'x6' deck to use the barbecue because your nearest neighbour is literally 8 feet away from you.
We left after 45 minutes of debating whether or not to stay.
Getting a refund is excruciating. We were offered a 50% refund initially. A few days later when we were home, we called to speak with the owners, who offered us a 75% refund. 2 minutes after hanging up talking to them, they call back to retract the 75% refund and tell us they're only giving us back 50%. Who does that?!? Very unprofessional service.
Do yourself a favour and stay somewhere nice.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple