Rugged Beauty Boat Tours - CLOSED
Review Highlights
Beautiful Trinity

Great learning about the resettlement and doing some cod jigging. What beautiful landscape. Bruce... read more

Reviewed September 29, 2019

Reviewed September 27, 2019
Jennisa V
New York City, New York
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 27, 2019 via mobile

I did not know what to expect when we arrived to Rugged Beauty Boat Tours as this was my first time to Newfoundland. We were immediately greeted by Bruce’s friendly face and warm demeanor. He began his tour by taking us back to his childhood and took us on a journey back in time. What Bruce does is a dying art form - it’s the gift of sharing knowledge and stories and love. If I could give Bruce more than 5 stars because my wish would be to preserve his treasures.

Bruce, thank you for allowing us a glimpse into an indelible part of Canadian history and for the gifts 😊

Date of experience: September 2019
BruceM2411, Manager at Rugged Beauty Boat Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2019

It was a pleasure meeting you Jennisa:
So happy to hear that you enjoyed the boat tour on the history of these long lost resettled communities and on the past and present of our cod fishery. It is a story like no other and one that I have a great passion for..

Considering the tour more than a five star is quite the compliment.
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Rugged Beauty Boat Tours with such an excellent review.

Reviewed September 14, 2019

Went out with Bruce early this September with my wife. Wasn't sure what to expect but we were very impressed. Bruce is a great guy with a big heart and is very passionate about Newfoundland history. He will share stories and photos of his family and the resettlement communities while showing you the area. As a bonus he'll take you to his cottage and share coffee/tea with you. Would definitely recommend this tour to anyone in the Trinity area. Also, go to Joe's Bar after for a beer and some moose stew!

Date of experience: September 2019
BruceM2411, General Manager at Rugged Beauty Boat Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2019

It was a pleasure meeting you both.
So happy to hear you enjoyed the boat tour on the history of these long lost resettled communities and of our cod fishery past and present. I have great passion for my family roots.

The stop over at the cabin always brings warmth from a trip on the water and all our guest really enjoy it.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Rugged Beauty Boat Tours with this excellent review.

Reviewed September 5, 2019 via mobile

An awesome Sunday afternoon adventure with Captain Bruce Miller. We thoroughly enjoyed our excursion ‘round the bay. It was an awesome and relaxing afternoon and Captain Bruce was in no hurry to end our trip. I think the more we enjoyed it the more the Captain wanted to keep on going! We visited resettled communities and Captain Bruce had many a tale to tell. Those pictures that he showed us of the resettled communities when in their heyday were just awesome to see and the Captain showed us where those houses and fishing stages once stood. Captain Bruce should’ve been a history teacher. He brought those communities to life. The mug up at his beautiful cabin was wonderful with tea and Bernice’s homemade jam. Felt more like friends really. Just when we thought the tour was about to end the Captain asked if anyone was in a hurry to get back and the next thing I knew I was fishing for cod!! Got the first one!! So exciting!! If ever there was a man with patience and kindness it was our Captain.
Sadly we had to return to shore where Captain Bruce filleted our catch. Bagged it and sent us on our merry way. Our three hour tour was actually more like four and a half hours from start to finish. The Captain made sure we got our money’s worth and then some!
If the Captain will have us we’ll definitely be back! 😉

1  Thank christinebO4561EF
BruceM2411, Manager at Rugged Beauty Boat Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2019

it was a pleasure meeting you both and so happy to hear you enjoyed the boat tour on the history of these long lost communities and our cod fishery past and present.

The stop over at the cabin always adds warmth to the tour and guest surely enjoy it.
The stop to cod fish was indeed a bonus because it is not a part of our regular daily tours.

Reviewed September 1, 2019

Thanks so much Bruce for taking the time to do this with us! Keep up the great work! From Amanda, Ken, and Noah!

1  Thank Saucybugger

Amanda, Ken and Noah it was a pleasure to have you and other members of your family on the tour. Love it when those that grew up here have an interest in taking the tour and hearing what I have a passion for, stories on resettlement.
So happy to hear you all enjoyed the tour on the history of these long lost communities and on our cod fishery past and present.

Thank you for taking the time to share you experience with Rugged Beauty Boat Tours with this wonderful review.

Reviewed August 28, 2019

We were lucky enough to go on this tour with our b&r group yesterday! Bruce is an amazing story teller and you feel like you were back in time listening to all the wonderful stories of life in Newfoundland! I have a broken arm and it hurts to type so I can’t go on and on like I want to!!!! I highly recommend this for a taste of the past, a beautiful cruise down the coast to see the amazing sites of a bygone era! Great time and I highly recommend!

Date of experience: August 2019
2  Thank Skd829
BruceM2411, Manager at Rugged Beauty Boat Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2019

It was a pleasure meeting you and all the group.
So happy to hear you enjoyed the boat tour on the history of these resettled communities and the cod fishery past and present and its affect on the families of these long lost beautiful communities that is now only a part of our past.

Thank you so much for taking the time especially with a broken arm to share your experience with Rugged Beauty Boat Tours with such an excellent review.
Enjoy the remainder of your vacation in our province.
All the best