“We saw it all!”

Trinity Bay Whale Watching Tour
Ranked #6 of 19 things to do in Trinity
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Our tour company focus provides whale, puffin and iceberg tours in Trinity, Trinity Bay, Newfoundland by Rigid Hull Inflatable Boat (RHIB) and Kayak ! Our goal is to show our guests the beauty of Newfoundland from the water, while, at the same time, show respect to all animals that we see. . See and hear humpbacks and other marine wildlife from the comfort of our RHIB! You can see Minke, Sperm, Fin and Humpback whales as well as Orcas, Gannets, Eagles Seals, Puffins, great schools of Capelin that the whales gorge themselves upon. Enjoy the spectacular scenery along our route plus sea caves, aviaries and colonies of seabirds. After your tour enjoy tea or coffee and lunch at the lodge where you can share your memories of your Experience of a Lifetime, our theme and mantra!! Please look up our Lodge as well Trinity Eco-tours Lodge located right alongside St. Paul's Anglican Church, the biggest church in Trinity.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed 14 August 2015

My son and I travelled from Ontario, and decided to see how many whale tours we could do. THIS one was very different! And it rated overall a #1 from us! We went in a zodiac boat and we all wore snow suits which were awesome because we were all very comfy warm! What a great idea! The captain was very knowledgable about the things he took us too! First stop to a little beach cove where we sat in the boat close enough to see eagles! Not one, or two or three eagles! About 20 of them!!!!!! wowza! Then we moved on and there they were! Two humpback whales!!!! woot woot!!!! we stopped and just let them swim around us!!!! Amazing!

Reviewed 10 August 2015

This was our first Zodiac trip, and we loved it! It's definitely a more intimate experience seeing the whales when you're so close to the water. I also liked that there were only six of us, plus Captain Bob. Definitely worth the cost.

Reviewed 31 July 2015 via mobile

Just got home from their whale watching tour, and it was excellent and well worth the money. My wife and I have done a whale watching tour in Dominican republic before and this tour with Capitan Bob is 100% better. If you want to get up close and personal with whale this is the place to go. I'm sure glad the local taxi/bus driver told us to come here.

Reviewed 23 July 2015

The boat tour was the best I've ever had,and I've been on plenty boat tours. My friends from Texas loved every minute of this new adventure for them, even dispite the weather. The two ladies at the hotel were very friendly and food was great. I wanted my friends to experience Newfounflands hospitality, and they certainly did here! The rooms were great very clean, just lovely! I would highly recommend this place to stay in and for boat tours,
Thank you for a fantastic day on the water and a wonderful room and meal.

S. Penney

Reviewed 19 July 2015

Wow! We heard about this whale watching tour while in a restaurant in Clarenville and booked upon our arrival on Open Hall. We arrived in Trinity well ahead of time and met Captain Bob who took us down by the boat and outfitted us in weather proof, buoyant outfits and explained the spanning of the Caplin prior to taking us out. We were not disappointed! We got up close to a number of whales and saw numerous breachings. We witnessed lots of Eagles feeding on the Caplins and observed Puffins with bellies so full, they could not fly. Certainly a highlight of our stay in Newfoundland.