Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
Free cancellation until 21-04-28
Free cancellation until 21-04-29
Free cancellation until 21-04-29
Hotels.comUS$103
eDreamsUS$103
Agoda.comUS$103
All reviews cabot trail cape breton nova scotia charming hotel off season rooms are large luggage supper deck waterfront ceilidh
Selected filters
Reviewed October 8, 2020 via mobile

I knew we were off to a bad start when I didn’t get the room I reserved (I asked for the top floor and was on the main), luckily the room I wanted was free and we moved. I was so disappointed in this room. Literally the ugliest room I’ve ever stayed in! The beds are like sleeping on the floor, the pictures are faded, the TV is so small, the room hasn’t been updated since it was built, it’s 90’s decor is terrible, the wi Dow howls (it’s windy out), you can hear everything next door. If I could have canceled and gone elsewhere, I would have. I’m writing this my the room, it’s my birthday, we came from out of province and I absolutely hate my room (balcony room). The girl at the front desk was great but the room is so overpriced.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Alana MacInnis, Guest Services / Front Office at Lynwood Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2020

Hello Cindy,
I’m sorry you are not enjoying your stay with us and that you “HATE” your room. That top floor balcony suite in which you are so DISAPPOINTED in happens to be a favorite to many and the most requested room we have. The building which was built in the 2000’s hosts a Victorian style theme to coincide with our Main building which was built in 1868. We are constantly upgrading and try to provide our guests with a great stay. If you are ever in the area again, I hope you can find accommodations better suited to your NEEDS. Happy Birthday !!!

Reviewed August 11, 2020 via mobile

Stopped in to the Lynwood for supper when passing through Baddeck. We ate outside on their large patio & they were very careful to social distance all patrons. Our server, James, is a son of the owners, and his brother and sister were seving as well. Love the fact that it was a true family business with all hands on deck! The food was delicious and the friendly service was second to none. You won't be disappointed.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Dreamer623789
Alana MacInnis, Guest Services / Front Office at Lynwood Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2020

Thank you for your review.

Reviewed March 1, 2020

Stayed here as we wanted to dive the Cabot Trail. The hotel is easy to find and in a great location and has plenty of free parking. The rooms are large and very comfortable and very clean. The restaurant on site serves very good food and also has entertainment.

Date of stay: September 2019
1  Thank 409MichelleH409

Reviewed December 30, 2019 via mobile

We stayed for 6 days during the Colors festival. Was very basic hotel Beds were good and room was very clean. Enjoyed our stay. Only issue was the main walkway in was loose gravel and a pain to drag our luggage into And the stairs up into our room. Otherwise good hotel

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 26, 2019

Baddeck is a lovely seaside town with a fascinating museum dedicated to Alexander Graham Bell. We took in the museum, and went exploring for lunch. The exterior of the historic Inn is quite charming, and it drew us in. The interiors match perfectly. Our server and host was gracious and friendly. There's a lovely vibe here, and as it was around Canadian Thanksgiving, it seemed like locals were coming in for a special treat. We had sandwiches and fries for our lunch, and they were very good. Our sandwiches had lots of flavour, and you could tell they source local fresh ingredients. The fries were nice and crispy, but oddly, they were served in a little metal basket, like A&W does, which wasn't in keeping with the overall Victorian charm. If we're ever back to Cape Breton, we'd look into staying at this Inn!

Date of stay: October 2019