Telegraph House Hotel
Cabot Trail Motel(Baddeck)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$69
Fair Isle Motel(Whycocomagh)
US$82
TripAdvisor
Margaree Riverview Inn(Margaree Forks)
US$61
MacNeil's Motel(North Sydney)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe main housealexander graham bellcape bretoncrab cakesceiling fancabot traildining roomcoffee makerhistoric innthe main streetlobsteryacht cluba nice place to staycentral locationoff seasontwo nightsbed was comfortable
Reviewed July 24, 2017

I had a great stay here, the rooms were very clean and the towels, sheets etc. smelled very fresh! My boyfriend and I got a single room cabin and we felt very comfortable during our stay. The rooms have a cozy, country feel which in my opinion ins better than any usual hotel. Plus the restaurant in the hotel in fantastic. The lady at the front desk was very nice and gave us recommendations for our stay and provided us with extra pillows without any issues! I would 100% stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2017

I don't like being overly critical unless things are bad. So, I'm trying to be even and fair here. I will start by saying that the location is good. There are cute shops and restaurants, as well as the harbour, within walking distance. The Alexander Graham Bell National Historic Site is about a half mile away and is worth a visit. My room in the motel section of the Telegraph House (I was not in the old house itself) had hardwood floors, two beds, a TV, and a fridge. The one easily-accessible outlet was overloaded with a six-outlet adapter. The wifi speed was reasonable. The place was pretty clean. However, the room is NOTHING like the picture offered on the website. The beds were average at best. There is only a key locking doorknob...zero security, especially with the big windows that had to be open in the evening because there is no air conditioning. There was a fan in the room. Of course, with the windows open and the shades somewhat open to allow airflow, there is noise and light from outside and limited privacy. I did not stay for breakfast and actually don't know if there was a complimentary breakfast included. There is a restaurant in the house but I didn't eat there. The front desk staff was friendly, typical of people in the Maritime provinces of Canada. Despite having quite a nice little website that clearly emphasizes the best case scenario, I would question whether or not you want to stay here (my experience says what is presented and what you get are rather different). There are many inns, lodges, and B&Bs in the area you might want to investigate instead.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed July 23, 2017 via mobile

A group of 8 visited this restaurant and everyone of us raved about the service and the food. Several different dishes were served and to a person, everyone loved their choice with a lot of sharing happening as well.

Excellent choice in Baddeck!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2017

Charming as this old hotel is - not all rooms have A/C or reasonably sized bathrooms. It's claim to fame for having hosted Alexander Graham Bell is wearing a tad thin. Be specific when making reservations -- avoid Room 3 unless booking for small children ONLY. A museum dedicated to the inventor and his fantastic life story is worth an overnight visit but Baddeck has resisted diversifying its tourism offerings and, though the setting is gorgeous, offers little in the way of active tourism. A sailing on the Amoeba is the most thrilling activity around but if the ship is packed -- not so much...

Room Tip: Ask for A/C, bed size and # specifically
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2017

Maybe the main building is really kind of Inn style but we were placed in the motel in the back of the property. Seemingly a lot of construction was going on in the main building. The motel room we had was well maintained and clean but over priced for what we got.

The location itself is very good in the center of Baddeck and with walking distance to good restaurants and all shops.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple