“Disappointed”

Ranked #17 of 33 Restaurants in Baddeck
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I specifically went in and asked if they had lobster and was told yes and was provided a price. Went and got my husband from the car, got settled, ordered drinks and when it came time to place our order was told they did not have lobster. When mentioned that we were told prior to having drinks there was lobster, no apologies, just a comment of “ I guess she did not check with the kitchen. “

Reviewed September 30, 2018

We were with a group of friends booked in the Inn. Landscaping is magnificent. The building we were housed is separate from the restaurant.There were ample stores selling different items and a store that sells ice cream for a hot and humid weather just like what we had. Service during breakfast was individually served which was very organized. Nice place to relax for the night.

Reviewed September 27, 2018

While driving back to the mainland from Sydney I stopped in here for some lunch.This is a lovely little restaurant in a Victorian Styled Inn, I felt kind of under dressed when I entered. There's a nice deck here, although the temperature wasn't so nice for sitting out on the deck when I was here, but I can see it being lovely in the summer.

There was a little girl who was there with her mother who was helping set the tables which was adorable. My server was awesome. The food here was great, I had mussels as an appetizer and their own version of a burger. The mussels were fantastic and the burger was very nice, it had what I believe was a horseradish mayo, which I love. Definitely would recommend this place and I might come back and stay at the Inn itself.

Reviewed September 27, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I were so excited about our dining experience after arriving at the restaurant for dinner. The Inn is beautiful and the outdoor dining area on the covered wrap around front porch was equally as beautiful. Hostess who greeted us was very pleasant and menu looked quite good so we felt very optimistic about our decision to come here. Our server was also quite pleasant and offered today’s special; lobster and clams. Red flag and missed by both my husband and I...no mention of lobster and/or clams being fresh, how the chef would be preparing them, size of lobster and no mention of vegetables or how they would be prepared. I ordered fish and chips and again, no explanation given as to fresh fish, type of fish or how the chef would prepare. Big, big mistake on our part - when the server brought our dinner, my husband and I both were surprised and disappointed; the lobster and clams were VERY small and the vegetables were EXTREMELY over cooked. My fish and chips looked good, but that’s where it ended sadly. One bite of my fish and I pushed it away. Fish tasted “bad” and the meat was not white, it was was light gray??? My husband thought I was being picky so he took a bite and confirmed it was BAD! He tasted second filet and said it was better, but I was done. Who could eat after putting something spoiled in your mouth? So, so disappointed and to add insult to injury, the dinner was very pricey. Never mind spending $ for great food, but so frustrating when it’s not. Be very careful of what you order and I would say stay away from fish.
Note to Lynwood Inn Management: you need to see what’s coming out of your kitchen and make sure it represents who you are and it’s something you would want to be served; shame on you for not doing that ~ too many reviews similar to ours

Reviewed September 26, 2018

We spent a night at the Inn and enjoyed a wonderful evening meal. We had the scallops which were done to perfection, and the chowder, which was as good as any I have had on this trip or our previous visit to the maritimes
The wait staff was very attentive and stopped by often to ensure we were doing OK...almost to the point of being too attentive, but I will take that over no attention.
We had breakfast the next morning and it was prepared just the way we like it. I chuckled when I read the description of the french toast! No mistaking what you are getting there!
Two good meals...can't ask for more.