Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 22, 2018

The place is completely different from what is described on website. In reality it is construction zone. We booked expensive family room which was suppose to have, according to description which included pictures, 1 single bed and 1 double bed, private entrance, spa bath, and more, but instead we were offered dormitory bunk beds with no privacy at all. We chose not to stay there because didn't feel it was safe and the place needs much more work to put in before accepting clients.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2018 via mobile

This is not a hotel it is a camping barn in the middle of nowhere not near town. Unstaffed, hard to find, dark, scary, dirty, no privacy, no comforts. We booked expensive rooms which we could not find when we got there.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed November 13, 2017

When we arrived he warned us to park our cars off the wind in order to not lose our doors. This came as a shock to us. When we questioned him, he told us what had happened earlier that day.

FLASHBACK:

A guest comes running back to the barn. But something was suspicious about this scene. Kevin knew: something was wrong.

GUEST: I lost the door of my car. The wind blew it away.

KEVIN: I can fix this! Hop on my Motorcycle. It's name is Night Owl.

(Starts Engine, they both board the motorcycle)

The guest who was over 6 ft was horrified, even shaking, but K-Dog wasn't scared at all.

The door was blown clean off, covered in snow

GUEST: OHHH MYYYY!!!!!

K-DOG: Ya got any tools

GUEST: (sheepishly) no

K-DAWG: Well you must have a tire iron

Kevin looks in the trunk, finds the tire iron, walks to the door, he knew the tire iron wouldn't be enough so he picked up a pice of drift wood, using both he was able to jam it back on, it was almost brand new but one thing was wrong, the fender was bent, he used the tire iron to bend it back

KEVIN: Good as new

GUEST: TOTALLY FERD DUDE! Have this nice tip, I appreciate your help Cevin

QEVIN: Any time! FERD up top!! (They high 5)

PRESENT TIME:

He looks at us in crazed eyes, his stare as cold as the freshly fallen snow that lay at our feet, a smile broke and he said cheerfully " And that's why your beds aren't made yet"
He then after that he gave us a tour of his vintage barn and told us its wonderful history. He directed us to a nerdy trail. After the trail we returned made dinner and enjoyed a night talking to our lovely host Sevin. He is a great person and has put a lot of work into the barn. He shared great stories and had comfortable beds. Great trip. Perfect stop before heading to the Cabot Trail

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
5  Thank Christopher T
Reviewed August 17, 2017

I had a very different experience than the previous person.
This place is a work in progress and I suspect that once done, it will be an absolutely fantastic place to stay. The owner and the employee that I met were extremely friendly and helpful, and really seemed to care about their guests. They are extremely proud of their work and show it when you get the grand tour. I found the beds to be very comfortable and I slept well. The bathrooms were very clean and well stocked. One thing to keep in mind, this is a cash only establishment. That said, banks are few and far between in these parts, so make sure you have the cash (and few establishments are willing to do cash back on debit purchases. I had to do some scrounging to cobble the cash together). There isn't a sign on the street, so make sure you actually have the street address with you when you drive up.
All in all, I give it an "average" rating because it is in complete. Never the less, I do see this as being a great hostel some day and look forward to it.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Grizinator
Reviewed July 31, 2017

We had a lot of trouble finding the barn, went to two wrong addresses before we found it (there are no signs). When we arrived, no one was there to greet us or check us in. The barn itself looks pretty cool, but upon closer examination it becomes very clear how unsafe the building is. There are old ladders, rusty nails sticking out and no doors (not even to the bathroom or the stalls). The roof leaked and I had rain all over my bed. The owner seems nice enough at first but first impressions are not always accurate. We were told it was to be a full house that night. One family, and two friends all ended up leaving immediately after seeing the conditions so we ended up being the only guests there. We decided to stay, knowing at the very least, we would have good stories to tell. A little later in the evening, Kevin, the owner decided to join us for some beer around the fire. He suddenly turned into another person! He started yelling at us and his employees, insisting we stay up (we politely tried to go to bed twice but were made to feel that we were being rude) and ranting about conspiracy theories.
At around 1:30 am we finally made it inside and got into bed. Kevin came rushing in after one of his staff and started yelling and swearing at him with this terrifying look in his eyes. We decided we had had enough and packed up and snuck out the back door making a mad dash for the car. We were genuinely terrified of him. Luckily I had only had one beer so I was able to drive us home, but the 5 hour drive on no sleep was hard! I emailed Kevin the next day and he wrote back saying he would refund our money. I don't even think he remembered how he had behaved. After days of excuses explaining why I had not yet received the transfer (the Internet is down, he was so busy etc) he finally sent me an email stating the time of the sent email transfer and the answer to the security question. I was relieved and eager to get this ordeal behind me. Well. The transfer never came. I sent him an email letting him know it never went through. He ignored me for two days and then finally emailed me a threatening letter about how we were messy and broke the no noise after 11 policy (he also made up a story about there being another guest there trying to sleep. We were there for hours and never saw anyone else. We were also told there was no one else there). The other problem with that is that he was the only one making the noise! And we tried to go to bed twice. There was some garbage left outside by he fire, but we only left it there because we had to literally escape in the night! Looking back we wish that we had just called the RCMP that night. At least we would've gotten our money back for the two nights we paid for. Moral of the story: Do NOT stay here. The owner is as unstable as his barn.

Date of stay: July 2017