Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews cabot trail cape breton nova scotia king suite overlooking the water national park stayed for one night bed was very comfortable accommodations suggestions supper
Selected filters
Reviewed November 15, 2019 via mobile

Working in Cape Breton for the week I stayed at the Maison Fiset. Seeing some great reviews I decided to give it a try, and I am so glad I did. Being away from home for a week isn't ideal but this hotel made it feel like I never left. The rooms are clean, cozy, nicely decorated, and very comfortable. This was such a welcome change from the cookie cutter rooms I'm used to staying in at larger hotels. The rest of the hotel was just as warm and inviting and had been renovated with keen attention to detail. The customer service provided through the duration of my stay was exceptional. I will be returning to the area a few times a year and the Maison Fiset will definitely be my first choice for accommodations.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Nova_Scotia_Proud
maisonfisethouse, Manager at Maison Fiset House, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2019

Thank you so much for your kind words! I am so delighted that you were able to feel comfortable and at home with us here at La Maison Fiset and I cannot wait to see you again!

Reviewed October 28, 2019 via mobile

This Inn was absolutely wonderful! The rooms were beautifully decorated and clean. The bed was very comfortable. The Inn was very charming. There is a beautiful view too! We definitely would highly recommend this Inn!

Date of stay: October 2019
1  Thank belmarOntario
maisonfisethouse, Manager at Maison Fiset House, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2019

Thank you! Very happy you enjoyed your stay with us!

Reviewed October 20, 2019 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at Maison Friset for our fifth anniversary.

Despite living in Nova Scotia all our lives we had never visited the Cabot Trail, so we decided to go for our anniversary and see the fall colours.

We splurged for the L'Isle de Cheticamp suite. It had a great view, including a patio, a hot tub, extremely comfy King sized bed, and a stand up shower in the bathroom. Everything was top notch. Clean, warm, and well lit. The house itself is interesting, and the area is beautiful. It was chilly, but seeing the leaves in the Highlands in the fall is worth packing some extra layers.

The staff were always pleasant and helpful. Breakfast was freshly made and tasty. Check in and out were absolutely painless. The staff were knowledgeable about the area and made some suggestions as to things to do. We did take them up on the Doreyman for supper and fiddle music. (A real down home, foot stomping time!)

I'd certainly stay there again. It was a nice experience, and the price was very good. (I've slept in sparser rooms for the same price)

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank U7511XBtonyc
maisonfisethouse, Manager at Maison Fiset House, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2019

Thank you so much for your wonderful review and I am very happy you enjoyed your stay and especially your kitchen party at the Doryman... Nothing better than fiddle at the Doryman Tavern~

Reviewed October 1, 2019

We stumbled on this lovely little inn by chance. It was one of the nicest places we stayed in NS. We were booked at the very, very tired Keltic Lodge but refused to stay. So we hit the road with hopes of finding a place that was decent without any reservation. From the moment we walked in the front door, I immediately knew this place was special. It had a warm and friendly feeling with an very calming energy. Since we were lucky they had just two rooms left, our greeter happily showed us each so we could choose. Both were perfect. Brand new renovations were done with top quality decor. The next staff member ordered dinner from the local restaurant for us, then sat and chatted with us about some local history and friendliness, till it was time to pick dinner up. Our cable was giving us trouble. The manager came from home not once but twice (I insisted she not come,she insisted more and came) to fix it. Breakfast was included and made to order. And last but not least everything about this inn far exceeds the price of our stay. Thank you all for making our stay so wonderful!!

Date of stay: September 2019
1  Thank JILL D
maisonfisethouse, Manager at Maison Fiset House, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2019

Wow! Thank you very much for your beautiful words! I am very lucky to have such wonderful staff and even luckier when we deal with nice people~ Hope you enjoyed the rest of your vacation!

Reviewed September 25, 2019 via mobile

This restored historic home was the cleanest and most well appointed B&B that we have ever stayed in. It sits on the Cabot Trail and is very convenient to the National Park and good restaurants. The staff made us feel like family members. Just terrific. Breakfast was awesome

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank jim72150
maisonfisethouse, Manager at Maison Fiset House, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2019

Thank you so much for a wonderful review! It was a pleasure having you stay with us! I always say that it is easy to be nice to nice people~ Hope you enjoyed the rest of your vacation!

Lyne