Louisbourg Heritage House Bed & Breakfast
Cranberry Cove Inn(Louisbourg)
Pecks Cottages(Louisbourg)
  • Restaurant
All reviewssister propertytop floorthe ownergreat cookcoffee or teanext morningwould recommend this place to anyonepopoversb bsprivate deckthird floornova scotiastayed one nighttwo night staywonderful staywalking distanceharbour inn
Reviewed August 10, 2007

We stayed one night at this lovely victorian mansion. Our room, the Logan Room, was very comfortable. The breakfast was very good. The location was excellent for walking to the Louisbourg Playhouse and walking to restaurants and shops. Our main reason for staying there was to spend time at the Louisbourg Fortress which is a must see. We also were able to see Buddy MacMaster at the Louisbourg Playhouse. He is fantastic.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank GoneTravelin
Reviewed September 23, 2006

My husband and I have stayed at numerous bed and breakfasts over the years and the Heritage House is at the very top of the list. The accommodations are beautifully done, warm and inviting. We stayed three days and found the breakfasts each morning to be absolutely delicious. As one of the guests stated when the breakfast of blueberry-peach popovers were served, "we have hit the jackpot!'

Our hosts Suzanne and Parker made us feel genuinly welcome. We will definitely be back!

Barbara A. Roessler
Alamogordo, New Mexico

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank BarDen
Reviewed February 18, 2006

The Louisbourg Heritage House is a beautiful Victorian mansion with a commanding view. My boyfriend (see his review on this hotel as well - he's the English bloke with the Canadian girlfriend) and I spent a night in a huge room at the top of the house with a clear view of Louisbourg fortress itself. When the sun set, it was absolutely stunning. The room itself was well dcorated with a huge four-poster bed and hardwood floors. The bathroom could have been another bedroom. It was absolute luxury. Don't be put off by my boyfriend's comment - the dining was excellent. He doesn't like French toast ("eggy bread" to the English)but I do and I really enjoyed it. There were a variety of other breakfast foods including home-made muffins, cereal, fresh bread and yogurt. It is really well worth a stay at Louisbourg Heritage House.

• Stayed: August 2004
6  Thank minerva_67
Reviewed February 9, 2006

I was in Louisbourg during a visit to the 'outlaws' in N.S.(I am English and my girlfriend is Canadian).

The Heritage House is one of those beautiful places that you stumble upon and wish you could stay a week! We were fortunate to have the bedroom on the top floor. The actual room was probably 40ft x 20ft and certainly the biggest I've ever slept in!. I'm certainly looking forward to going there again.

• Stayed: August 2004
2  Thank RonGH
Reviewed November 9, 2005

Louisbourg is a little out of the way (2.5 hour drive from Cape Breton), but it is a MUST see. Louisbourg Heritage Inn is an ideal B&B. This former Anglican manse was recently renovated. A clean room, a very comfortable bed, and a great homemade breakfast, made this B&B one of our favourites in Nova Scotia. The people in this town of 900 were incredible. Although not a history buff, the fortress was a highlight of our trip. Two big thumbs up for Louisbourg!!!

• Stayed: September 2005