All reviews other guests nova scotia bathroom amenities amazing chef great company post office definitely stay here again comfortable bed lots of pillows gourmet breakfast place to stay make you feel at home sitting room culinary institute gentle lighting one night stay suzi
Reviewed October 20, 2017

Staying at the Mecklenburgh Inn , was like staying with an old friend. Casual laid back feel.
The atmosphere was warm and welcoming. Each room ....charming. Suzi Frazer (our Inn keeper extraordinaire) made sure that everything was perfect. Extra towels , blankets , right down to lovely lotions ! Coffee and tea and a cookie jar , always on hand .
Terrific wifi .
Breakfast was like a gathering of new friends. Each with a story to tell of their journey's. The meal prepared by Suzi , was a bounty of gourmet delights, each pleasing the eye and palette...
All this in walking distance to Chester's quaint shops, pubs, marina.
I would definitely recommend staying here...I know that I will return.

Room Tip: Our room ( winter suite , and very large ) was on front facing street. It was bright and cheerful, and was extremely quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris O
Suzi F, Owner at Mecklenburgh Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2017

Chris, thank you for taking the time to write a review. It was my pleasure to host you and I do hope you return. Many thanks ! Suzi

Reviewed August 27, 2017

Decided to escape from the city for the night and found ourselves at the Mecklenburgh Inn. what a lovely Inn. Suzi our host was truly amazing! Our room was charming, well appointed and the bed was exceptionally comfortable. The inn is centralized in Chester and walking distance to shops, eateries, pubs, marina and the waterfront. Totally laid back and relaxing. Woke in the am to fresh coffee, juice and a wonderful breakfast prepared by our host Suzi. I'm not one to write reviews but we found Suzi's little in to be an amazing place to stay! Warm and inviting from sitting on the deck having a glass of wine morning coffee and conversation with our host. A Great place to stay in Chester. Thanks Suzi!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank JAL458
Suzi F, Owner at Mecklenburgh Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2017

Thank YOU very much for such a wonderful review. Thank you for taking the time to write it, as I know time is precious. I do hope you can make it back again this year. I am open until January 1st, 2018. Bring mittens.

Reviewed August 7, 2017

We spent 3 nights at the Mecklenburg Inn recently. Everything about our stay was wonderful ! Suzi is such a welcoming host and such a fantastic cook. Our breakfasts were outstanding. Hard to choose but I think our favourite was the corn and zucchini fritters with zucchini from Suzi's garden. Every breakfast had fresh fruit, great coffee and great company. We had a lovely large upstairs room looking down the hill, complete with desk, a comfy chair and a comfy couch. Suzi warned us that there might be a bit of noise from the post office trucks but we didn't hear anything (and we had the windows open). Maybe it was the fresh ocean air and the ever-so-comfortable bed that made us sleep soundly. The Inn itself is like a museum with many interesting things to look at and Suzi can tell you about any of them. The sitting room and balcony and porch are all lovely places to sit and relax and chat with other guests. We hope we can return ! P.S. Wifi was excellent too.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Bless you. I think even I would come to stay here after such a lovely review ! The garden is producing so much zucchini it's hard to keep up and now the tomatoes are about to explode. Looks like a tomato tarte tatin tomorrow. Again, thank you. Hope to see you back here soon. x

Reviewed July 12, 2017

Wow! We stayed for two days and Suzi was a wonderful hostess. You can tell she loves to entertain, cook and provide pleasant conversation. Her B&B is top-notch. Very homey, quiet and comfortable. All the amenities you could think of and may have forgotten at your finger tips. Breakfast(s) were amazing. So close to everything in Chester which is a beauty of a town and a stone throw away from other Nova Scotian sites. Loved it. Thank you for welcoming us into your home

Room Tip: So close to everything in Chester, no need to drive, easy walking, great sights
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Suzi F, Owner at Mecklenburgh Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a glowing review. I really appreciate it and am glad you enjoyed your stay at the Mecklenburgh. I do hope you can return next year.

Reviewed June 11, 2017

Fantastic stay and experience. Comfortable quiet room, excellent breakfast, friendly service. The owner Suzi was great. I hadn't planned on staying in Chester but am glad I did and found this place. Will return.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of the Meck. I have only just come up for air to write a response. I hope to see you again !