“Wonderful Harbourside Views”

Ranked #3 of 18 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Seasonal Closed from 22 December 2017 to 11 April 2018.
Reviewed September 9, 2018

On a beautiful sunny afternoon there is nothing nicer than sitting on the patio watching activity on the water and eating good food. The seafood chowder here was the best I had eaten in a three week holiday where I ate it most days!!
Service a tad slow but the waitress was very friendly. Chester has few places to eat so best to book in advance.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed September 7, 2018 via mobile

Took an important client from away on a South Shore tour and stopped for lunch. Was told they were only serving on the patio, which explained why the interior tables were completely empty. Went outside to find one table left, a low cocktale table with Adirondack chairs. As one of our party has mobilty issues, this wouldn’t work. Returned to the bar to inquire how long it might be for a regular table to be available and we were brusquely told it was that table available, so we left and had a wonderful meal elsewhere. Was quite surprised by the attitude of the young lady behind the bar. Having grown up in Chester, I was embarrassed for my client.
Not a nice experience.

2  Thank 2009rr1
Reviewed September 3, 2018

My wife and I had lunch a few days ago and left very disappointed. We have been coming to this establishment for a dozen years or more because the seafood was always exceptional. I have to ask if the management changed? This is a seafood place but the mussels were very disappointing and the shellfish chowder did not have any scallops or potatoes and for that matter did not taste the same. For a $90 lunch I have to ask. My wife and I don't know if we'll be back.

1  Thank Armand C
Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

The Rope Loft has a great patio but so do lots of other restaurants that actually serve REAL food. On the kids menu, they list Mac and Cheese but what they serve is Kraft Dinner. The rest of the menu that we tasted is what you would expect from a chef that puts their name on a menu that serves KD. If you are in the area, drive to Mahone Bay and visit Mateus or Rebecca’s. It’s definitely worth the extra 20 minutes drive. Otherwise, head into the city... or if you are going to eat fast food garbage, head to Tim Hortons where you will at least save yourself a few bucks.

3  Thank Sue D
Reviewed August 30, 2018

I have eaten at the Rope Loft for the past 20 years and Have NEVER been disappointed.
The casualness and Ambiance are a good part of why we go and will continue to do so!!

Which begs the question...why would anyone continue to go back to the R.L. if they did not like their Marguerites but continued to order them.....now there is something odd about that!!

Date of visit: June 2018