“Good food”

Jo-Ann's Deli Market & Bake Shop
Ranked #3 of 22 Restaurants in Mahone Bay
Price range: US$0 - US$8
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Cafe
Description: Since 1986 we have delighted in providing delicious gourmet food to both residents and visitors to Mahone Bay. What started as a simple fruit stand has grown into a market, gourmet deli, bake shop, cafe, jammery and ice cream parlor.
Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

We came for lunch, I had the chicken pot pie and it was excellent. My boyfriend had the macaroni and cheese, he said it was okay not overly cheesy.

I had nanimo bar for dessert and it was great. He had the pumpkin cheesecake and loved it.

We will return!

There are newer reviews for Jo-Ann's Deli Market & Bake Shop

Reviewed 17 October 2016

Visited on a windy, rainy day in October. The high winds had caused power outages in Lunenburg, Peggy's cove, and even parts of Halifax but fortunately, Mahone's Bay had power. We stopped in at Jo Ann's to get a bite to eat. I had a sandwich and a "Lord Tunderin' Oatcake" and my wife had a blueberry scone. The oatcake and the scone were exceptional. The sandwich was good too but the baked goods really stole the show.

Reviewed 3 October 2016

What a great place to eat in Mahone Bay! You walk in and are overwhelmed by all the baked goods and homemade foods. The sandwiches are great, and the baked goods are to die for. Fabulous scones! It is reasonably priced and the food is excellent. I wish I could have tried to quiche, but it sold out before I got to it. Lasagne looked great too. Definitely stop here for a sandwich and treat, well worth it.

1  Thank Travelswith4dogs
Reviewed 3 October 2016 via mobile

We were tired from a long day of driving so we decided to pop in and grab a sandwich to go and based on the reviews we saw here we chose to take out from here. We both ordered the lobster sandwich at $14 per so although smallish is size I anticipated an amazing sandwich. Was so not what I expected. In fact it was the worst Lobster sandwich/roll I have ever had in my east coast visits. All I could taste was salt, no Lobster and the consistency of the filling was that of a cheap tuna salad. Will not be going back there anytime soon. I will say that this is the first time this app steered me wrong.

1  Thank Allan S
Reviewed 2 October 2016

We stopped in for a quick lunch en route to Lunenburg. It's a cute shop, and both the Montreal smoked meat sandwich and the baguette with brie and prosciutto were very good. In both cases, the bread was particularly outstanding.

The lady who took our order was very friendly, and service was quick.

We also got an oatcake for dessert. It was bland, so we tossed it and went next door for a sweet treat. (In fairness, they do offer an oatcake coated with chocolate so that might've been a better choice.)

The only thing that keeps this from being a 4-star review is that the man at the checkout counter was curt to the point of being rude, even though the shop was not busy. And apparently there is no public washroom. (Is that even possible in a place that serves food?)

1  Thank Ithakan