“Disappointing”

Jo-Ann's Deli Market & Bake Shop
Ranked #3 of 22 Restaurants in Mahone Bay
Price range: US$0 - US$8
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Cafe
Description: Since 1986 we have delighted in providing delicious gourmet food to both residents and visitors to Mahone Bay. What started as a simple fruit stand has grown into a market, gourmet deli, bake shop, cafe, jammery and ice cream parlor.
Reviewed 24 October 2016

Not our first underwhelming visit to Jo-Ann's, but it will certainly be our last. Thoroughly unimpressed again. I won't bore you with the details but suffice to say the chef would have known the bread roll my sandwich was made with was stale when she made it yet gave it to me anyway...... My girlfriends chicken wrap was more like a garlic mayonaise wrap. Won't be back.

2  Thank Peter_Aldrich
Rae K, Owner at Jo-Ann's Deli Market & Bake Shop, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2016

Very sorry to hear how disappointed you were Peter. I will be sure to correct these issues.
Thank you for the feed back.

There are newer reviews for Jo-Ann's Deli Market & Bake Shop

Reviewed 20 October 2016 via mobile

Thoroughly enjoyed our mid-afternoon coffee and toblerone peanut butter pie snack! We sat outside enjoying the October sunshine on their patio filled with pumpkins, hay and decorative corn stalks. What a nice afternoon stop!

Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

We came for lunch, I had the chicken pot pie and it was excellent. My boyfriend had the macaroni and cheese, he said it was okay not overly cheesy.

I had nanimo bar for dessert and it was great. He had the pumpkin cheesecake and loved it.

We will return!

Reviewed 17 October 2016

Visited on a windy, rainy day in October. The high winds had caused power outages in Lunenburg, Peggy's cove, and even parts of Halifax but fortunately, Mahone's Bay had power. We stopped in at Jo Ann's to get a bite to eat. I had a sandwich and a "Lord Tunderin' Oatcake" and my wife had a blueberry scone. The oatcake and the scone were exceptional. The sandwich was good too but the baked goods really stole the show.

Reviewed 3 October 2016

What a great place to eat in Mahone Bay! You walk in and are overwhelmed by all the baked goods and homemade foods. The sandwiches are great, and the baked goods are to die for. Fabulous scones! It is reasonably priced and the food is excellent. I wish I could have tried to quiche, but it sold out before I got to it. Lasagne looked great too. Definitely stop here for a sandwich and treat, well worth it.

1  Thank Travelswith4dogs