“A beautiful Place like Home”

Jo-Ann's Deli Market & Bake Shop
Ranked #3 of 22 Restaurants in Mahone Bay
Price range: US$0 - US$8
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Cafe
Description: Since 1986 we have delighted in providing delicious gourmet food to both residents and visitors to Mahone Bay. What started as a simple fruit stand has grown into a market, gourmet deli, bake shop, cafe, jammery and ice cream parlor.
Reviewed 7 December 2016

A friend of mine had recommended to me many a time to go to this place to check out. I am a true admirer of food with taste, and how it is presented. I haven't been to this place as of yet, but I will be when it opens in the spring of 2017.
From the pictures I have seen, it looks like a professional business person knows their business. It looks inviting, without advertising. Its one of those shops that I must stop in to take a closer look . Darrel Clattenburg was the gentleman that advised me to go, a resident of Gold River.

Blair C. Smith
Bedford, Nova Scotia

There are newer reviews for Jo-Ann's Deli Market & Bake Shop

Reviewed 15 November 2016

Espresso: Yes (If someone wants to make it)
Bottled Water: Yes

Arriving at very picturesque Mahone Bay, we elected to eat at TripAdvisor’s positively reviewed Jo-Ann’s Deli. We were very disappointed. My Sweetheart and I both had a Lobster sandwich. NOT good. Bread was on its last leg of semi-fresh and the lobster filling was not tasty at all. (To qualify: Whenever given the chance to have a Lobster Sandwich, I get a serving; I love them. From New England to Newfoundland and in between.) Jo-Ann’s version was not good today.
Pastries are apparently baked there; Susan had a Brownie which was good. I had a piece of cake which was also good.
The lady making the sandwich’s, Nancy, was very nice and tried to please. I tried to get an Espresso, but Jo-Ann told me she didn’t have time for that so it would be about 15-20 minutes before she could get to it.
The dining area is through a door to a gravel floored area. (See Pictures)
I would not return to Jo-Ann’s.

3  Thank jimh615
Reviewed 13 November 2016

Nice atmosphere with a wide range of choices, but entirely too over-priced. Cool to visit in October when they have a fall harvest theme with pumpkins on the roof.

Reviewed 24 October 2016

Not our first underwhelming visit to Jo-Ann's, but it will certainly be our last. Thoroughly unimpressed again. I won't bore you with the details but suffice to say the chef would have known the bread roll my sandwich was made with was stale when she made it yet gave it to me anyway...... My girlfriends chicken wrap was more like a garlic mayonaise wrap. Won't be back.

2  Thank Peter_Aldrich
Rae K, Owner at Jo-Ann's Deli Market & Bake Shop, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2016

Very sorry to hear how disappointed you were Peter. I will be sure to correct these issues.
Thank you for the feed back.

Reviewed 20 October 2016 via mobile

Thoroughly enjoyed our mid-afternoon coffee and toblerone peanut butter pie snack! We sat outside enjoying the October sunshine on their patio filled with pumpkins, hay and decorative corn stalks. What a nice afternoon stop!