“Great food.”

BlackRock Bistro
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Parrsboro
Price range: US$16 - US$28
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Bistro style restaurant featuring fresh locally sourced food focused on Nova Scotia seafood and locally grown organic produce. We offer a selection of Nova Scotia and international wines, craft beers and premium liquor in a casual atmosphere. Outdoor seating available.
Southern, Ontario
“Great food.”
Reviewed 26 September 2016 via mobile

We were in Parrsboro for 5 days. We had a late lunch and also a dinner at the Black Rock Bistro. The food was nicely presented and excellently prepared. Our service was perfect, even though she was exceptionally busy. We have spent most of our 8 week east coast road trip cooking our own food, because we have not enjoyed our meals out. The restaurants recommended by Trip Advisor on this east coast trip seem to only know how to prepare deep fried food with a ton of chips. The Black Rock Bistro is the real deal. It is fine dining at a reasonable price. Remember I said reasonable, not cheap. Our wonderful chef is not the owner, so I do not know if our chef is going to be at this restaurant for many years. Maybe the owner of the restaurant can comment on his chef. I understand that they plan to close for the season about the end of October. If you are in Parrsboro give this restaurant a try. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Visited September 2016
1 Thank BSCSkiers

Nova Scotia
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 21 September 2016

This restaurant looks very nice, but I was disappointed with the food (although we loved staying at the owners' inn, Gillespie House, and the breakfast was wonderful).

I had the roasted vegetable salad, and all the vegetables were the same colour of purplish-red, with very little taste, and overcooked rather than roasted. The scallop/fennel appetizer tasted fine, but it included only 4 scallops for $14.00. I've eaten a lot of scallops, and that's overpriced for Nova Scotia. Another person in our party had the lasagna which was good, but the chicken, roasted potatoes and ratatouille were nothing special. We visited in late September, so maybe there's been a change in the chef?

• Visited September 2016
1 Thank JanNovaScotia
Lewiston, Maine
“Probably the best didning in Parrsboro”
Reviewed 20 September 2016

They had a variety of ales. Liked the scallops with fennel and bacon. The Caesar salad was my first introduction to That Dutchman's cheese and we need to visit him on our next trip.

Visited August 2016
Edmonton, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best cooked lobster”
Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

Loved this place! Went there for lunch with my dad- he had the lobster panini and I had the tacos. I used to live in Texas so to have really delicious tacos was quite the treat. The tacos were Delish! The rice and beans were equally delicious! Lobster in the panini was cooked perfectly. So happy we went here for lunch! Service was a bit on the slow side... But well worth it!

Visited August 2016
OVille
“Very nice!”
Reviewed 12 September 2016

Cozy spot with a warm vibe. My Blackened Haddock was excellent and the veggie selection 10/10 though my beets could have been a little less al dente. We would not hesitate to return.

• Visited August 2016