“Amazing food”

BlackRock Bistro
Ranked #1 of 11 Restaurants in Parrsboro
Price range: US$15 - US$27
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Bistro style restaurant featuring fresh locally sourced food. Our chef inspired menu is focused on Nova Scotia seafood and locally grown organic produce. We offer a selection of Nova Scotia and international wines, craft beers, both on tap or bottles, premium liquors and a selection of cocktails in a casual atmosphere. Outdoor seating available. BlackRock Bistro also provides catering for weddings, meetings and private parties.
Reviewed November 20, 2016

I had the steak dinner, it was cooked perfectly then cheesecake for dessert. It was the night that Joan Kennedy was performing there. She even say with me it was a wonderful time.

Reviewed October 24, 2016 via mobile

My 2 daughters, Husband and Our 2 Friends went to Supper for the first time, my family ordered Friday night Pizza, 2 Vegetarian, 2 Spicy Chicken Thai, One friend ordered the pasta dish of the day our other friend seafood chowder. If your used to traditional Pizza, Meat lovers for my husband, simple vegetarian for us, its not the place to go unless you are willing to try new things or used to fine dining. It was a wonderful meal, homemade crust, sauce, fresh ingredients, maple balsamic vinegar dressing with our salad. Just not what we all were expecting. The staff were very obliging and friendly, the atmosphere was relaxing and quaint. Will me and my family return to this establishment, the answer is no for them. I will return if its a girls night. My friends despite them liking what they had probably wont return either. Cost for us was $100.00 for the 5 of us to have a personal size pizza & salad. I had a glass of wine, everyone else a pop.

Reviewed October 16, 2016

The Parrsboro Mansion Inn owner recommended a couple of restaurants to us for our evening meal. She was guarded about over selling the BlackRock Bistro, not wanting to show a bias for her husband's restaurant. Good thing we went with this option. It was one of the highlights of our Nova Scotia trip and not only was the food beautiful prepared with fresh local produce but the owner and staff provided an incredible level of customer service not only to us but the other guests as well. There was real attention to quality in the food but also the service. Like the Parrsboro Mansion Inn, wish we could have stayed longer and tried some of the other dishes in the Bistro.

Reviewed October 9, 2016 via mobile

I visited BRB for the third time in three years. We decided to give it another try when we had friends visiting from Alberta. Again it disappointed. No matter how lovely the atmosphere, best wines and local foods. If your chef can't prepare the food to the highest of quality, locals will not return. We had a huge "Slab" of ribs that were over cooked and full of fat with a side of rubbery carrots. Presentation was poor. My friends were very happy with their choices and the desserts were delicious.

1  Thank b W
Reviewed October 7, 2016

We stumbled upon this Bistro and were delighted at the unusual and tasty lunch we had after hiking all morning! We then returned two days later for dinner and had the Pizza Special along with delightful conversation with the waitress who remembered us from our previous visit! Made us feel welcome!