All reviews mini golf dining room mahone bay hot tub oak island resort outdoor pool fire pit breakfast buffet march break murder mystery front desk staff the main hotel live entertainment lounge area seafood chowder nova scotia great weekend
Reviewed January 3, 2019

My room was located on the bottom floor which was a little dank. It opened out onto the back of the resort facing the water which was lovely. I was there for a conference and the conference hall was beautiful. Lots of big windows and natural light, which really made a difference in terms of staying engaged and motivated during long days. The gym is adequate. It is probably a lot nicer in the summer months.

Date of stay: November 2018
Angela S, General Manager at Oak Island Resort & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 days ago

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

Your feedback is very important to us. As you can imagine, we are beyond excited to reveal transformations of the resort over the coming year!

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed December 2, 2018

This really is a wonderful location with so much potential. I was disappointed.
Lobby is average, check in was average nothing special, basic would be the best way to describe. Noting I had to ask where is the best place to park. Room was down a long hall, carpet and painting required in the halls for sure. Noticed right away there was a wedding and possible other functions, lots of people with doors open and mingling amounts the halls, never a good sign. Very strong smell of marijuanas in the halls. It was 7PM so was hoping people would move to another location in a ball room, etc.
Had a Jr Suite, which is a large room. Overall it is clean, but dated and in need of update. Carpet is stained, bathroom is 1880's, very old and worn. TV is located in a cabinet that doesn't even have doors that stay open, remote does not work, inadequate and oddly placed plug outlets. Room was dark despite there being several lamps. Dingy is my overall impression. Beds were comfortable, and linens were of average quality.
There was very loud noise all night, up until about 3AM, people very loudly roamed the halls and mingled from room to room with loud music, conversation, and doors open. I know that this is to be expected in most hotels now a days and seems to have become acceptable, but the rooms are very poorly insulated in the hotel and you could hear everything. I literally had to sleep with my ear buds in listening to music to get any sleep. I did not complain as I feel in it useless, and it is obvious that the hotel does not have proper security measures in place to deal with this kind of situation, it literally went on from 7PM -3AM.
I know for a fact that this is a regular occurrence at this hotel as it is a popular destination for weddings, and events so I will assume that this happens on the regular.
Value for your money is terrible, they are charging 4 star prices for 2 star accommodations. Save yourself and stay at one of the local B&B's, better value and probably a decent nights sleep.
Would not recommend and would not return

• Trip type: Travelled with family
EmmaF3361, Guest Relations Manager at Oak Island Resort & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2018

We sympathize with you. As you can imagine, we are eager to begin renovations January 2, 2019!

Best of luck in your future travels.

Reviewed November 25, 2018 via mobile

My first trip to the East coast and boy was I fortunate to stay at this resort. The suite was immaculate and plenty of room for two or three. A full lounge area is nice to be able to relax in.

Fantastic views from the restaurant and they had the best seafood chowder I have ever had. The chowder was recommended by a few locals who know their chowder so who am I to argue?

I am already planning a trip with the family to return here in summer so we can take full advantage of the resort amenities, marina etc.

Trip type: Travelled on business
EmmaF3361, Guest Relations Manager at Oak Island Resort & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2018

WOW! We are so honoured to have been included on your first trip to the East Coast!

We look forward to SEAing you again! :)

Reviewed November 13, 2018

Stayed in one of the cabins and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The cabin was clean, well stocked and as close to the ocean as you can get. Our bonfire was the perfect end to the day. We also enjoyed our meal in the dining room. Will visit again.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
EmmaF3361, Public Relations Manager at Oak Island Resort & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2018

Thank you for your review MamaMac!

A sad day as we close up the seaside chalets for the winter - we look forward to 'sea'ing you again!

Reviewed November 13, 2018

Stayed for 2 nights. The property is nice. The hotel needs to be updated. The rooms were clean but old. The food at the restaurant was very good but the waitress was not the best. It was also pricey for the quality.

Date of stay: August 2018
EmmaF3361, Guest Relations Manager at Oak Island Resort & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2018

Hi Debbie,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

Your feedback is important to us and we take it very seriously. We are so sorry to hear about your dining room experience. This is not the experience we expect for our guests and it has been brought to the attention of our Food and Beverage Manager.

Renovations to our guest rooms will begin in the coming weeks. As you can imagine we are very excited to reveal these over the next 2 years!