“Events”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Ajax
Canada
“Events”
Reviewed 17 October 2011

Over the past two years I have had the opportunity to coordinate several events at the Hilton Garden Ajax for groups from 20 to 150 for a local organization. In every case the staff and management have been amazing and we greatly appreciate their support.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Handsworth

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Gatineau, Canada
Reviewed 7 October 2011

We stayed with our toddler in this property on October 2nd 2011. It took almost 20 minutes to check in with only 2 other guests in front of us and 3 people behind the desk.

There was a gentleman standing at the desk with a life jacket (from the pool) which was sopping wet and dripping water all over the floor in front of the desk. None of the 3 people there said anything or took any steps to mop it up. He dripped all the way down the hallway, into the elevator and I'm assuming all the way to his room making the floor very unsafe for our son or anyone else going that way.

When we got into the room there was a part of the carpet just in front of the door to the bathroom that was missing/threadbare and a sharp carpet nail sticking up out of it (see picture). We only saw this nail because my boyfriend stepped on it on his way into the bathroom. What would have happened if our 3yr old would have stepped on it first!? This is completely unsafe and unprofessional to have given this room to a guest before ensuring it was repaired (or at the very least that no one could be hurt). I ended up putting a towel in the doorway to cover the nail.

It was very apparent that the staff/manager/owner of this property have very little pride or desire to improve their hotel. I guess when you only have a few choices for accommodation in the area they assume that they will get guests regardless of what they do.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Nova Scotia
Reviewed 19 September 2011

The hotel is typical clean and comfortable Hilton Garden Inn.

The staff throughout the hotel, but particularly the front desk staff are top notch - friendly, helpful and empowered to care for the customer.

Room Tip: The King suites are excellent
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
khobson, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Ajax, responded to this review, 21 September 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your expereince on Trip Advisor and your great comments are most appreciated. We hope to welcome you back tot he Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Ajax in the near future and if there is anything we can do to make your stay even better please contact me. Your call is always welcome.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 12 September 2011

Went to Ajax for a wedding with reception at the Ajax Convention Center (across the parking lot). Accommodation was good - not great and not bad. The wedding was at 3pm in Oshawa but couldn't get in the room until then. They do offer a 24 hour pantry with snacks and refreshments but you do have to pay. There is no continental breakfast.
They do have a microwave and fridge in the room though. The desk was very helpful in giving directions to churches - they were quite knowledgeable.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
khobson, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Ajax, responded to this review, 14 September 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your friend or families wedding. Also thank you for taking the time to write a review on your current stay. We appreciate the feedback and will take action on any concern. With regards to the check-in time you mentioned. Our regular check-in time is 3:00 PM. We do everything in our power to accommodate all early check-in requests however sometimes we are not able to offer this due to late checkouts with other guests, Group blocks who want to stay on the same floor and much more. We never guarantee an early check-in because of these unknown factors.

I hope we have the pleasure to welcome you back to the Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Ajax in the near future. I will also pass on your great comments about our helpful front desk staff.

Peoria, Arizona
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Although the rooms were clean, the hotel staff seemed a little stuffy. I had one morning where i was running late and wanted to get a danish and one of the staff rushed me and asked me if i would like to pay for that? i told her to put it on my room..she told me you have to wait until i get time to do it. I put it back. My company spent almost 1k for me to stay there and she was worried about 1 little danish. Also there food was not very good. I don't think Canadians like Americans?

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments and we appreciate all constructive feedback. Our restaurant does have Danishes, muffin ect. for purchase and our policy it that it needs to be signed on a bill to the room in order to sell these items. We also have a pantry available for quick items which you can purchase from our front desk if you are in a hurry.

I assure you we do like Americans and appreciate your business and the business we get from our American companies. I am confident that this was an isolated incident and in the future it will be handled to your satisfactory. We would love to welcome you back to the Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Ajax and should you have any concerns please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 8 September 2011

My wife and I attended a wedding at the Ajax Convention centre where the Garden Inn is literally 50 feet away. There was nothing negative I could say about the hotel. New, Clean, staff very friendly, comfortable and had pretty much every amenity you could think of. A must stay if your in the area.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 August 2011

We stayed at this hotel on our last day of vacation. We needed a good night sleep and we appreciated the comfort of the room, the cleanliness and class of the hotel in general. Nice pool too. Would have been nice to have free breakfast included but could'nt really complain about it since we payed a really fair price for the room. I recommend this place to anyone who has to stop by near Toronto.

• Stayed August 2011
khobson, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Ajax, responded to this review, 24 August 2011
Thank you for your great review! We hope to welcome you back in the very near future.
Director of Sales.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ajax
0.2 km away
Residence Inn Whitby
#1 of 7 in Whitby
10.8 km away
Best Western Plus Durham Hotel & Conference Centre

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Ajax? Share your experiences!