“Definitely 5 Star Accommodations!!”
Review of Ridgemoor B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ancaster
Ridgemoor B&B
Ranked #2 of 5 Ancaster B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 September 2014

We were very fortunate to stay here for 4 nights in mid Sept. as we were attending a wedding in Ancaster. I cannot say enough good things about the hospitality that the owner Bill showed us. From his excellent cooking of awesome hot breakfasts in which he shared some of his own honey and maple syrup to his great conversations as well as his great directions on getting around the area the four days spent at the B and B were top notch! The rooms were spacious and well kept and Bill made sure we had everything that we needed! The surroundings were quiet which is what we wanted....much better than staying at a noisy high class hotel! Our expectations of the accommodations were met beyond what we could hope for and we would not hesitate to stay here in the future! I highly recommend staying here to anyone visiting the area!! Thanks Bill for showing us such excellent hospitality and hope to see you again some day!

Room Tip: In my opinion all rooms are Class "A" very clean and beds are comfortable
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
geezer97, Owner at Ridgemoor B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2014

Thank-you for the glowing review. It was my pleasure to host your group for a few days. You all got along so well together and it was great to hear the laughter coming from the sitting room when you were all gathered together.
I wish you well in the future.

Reviewed 16 September 2014

This accomodation was very peaceful and relaxing. Felt better than being at home. Nestled in a wooded lot yet close to eating shopping and attractions. Bill is a super friendly host, an amazing breakfast cook and conversationalist. My extended family and I had the opportunity to take up then entire top floor of this estate for 4 nights. If ever I am back in this area, this is where I will lay my head. Thanks again bill!

• Stayed: September 2014

Thanks for this review. My breakfasts are not culinary masterpieces but I do feel they are healthy and filling. Using the honey from Zenon's hives in the front field (bees get their nectar from the golden rod) and maple syrup that we make from our own maples adds a unique touch to our breakfasts. I must say I appreciated your group's good humour and that little Master M. was a going concern, so full of energy. Sure hope he got seat 7 by the window on the way home.

Reviewed 15 September 2014

We just returned home after spending the last 4 nights at this perfect location. We were a party of 8, in Ancaster for a wedding on the weekend. We had the whole top floor of the B and B and it was perfect in every way. Bill couldn't have been more accommodating and he served us a delicious breakfast each morning. Everything was spotless and spacious. I would recommend this Bed and Breakfast accommodation highly and would love to return for another stay.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
geezer97, Owner at Ridgemoor B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2014

Thanks for posting this review.I am glad your expectations were met. Your opinion is especially important because you travel a lot and have experiences with other establishments. Your group was also very punctual showing up for breakfast at the agreed time if they wanted breakfast hot and fresh. It was a pleasure meeting you all. cheers, Bill

Reviewed 26 August 2014

It was a beautiful place which was surrounded by endless trees and flowers. This is unlike any other B&B because once you walk into this property, you will feel like walk into a forest. The owner of this place was absolutely kind and provided delicious breakfast. The rooms were spacious and clean. I will definitely go back to this place.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank DKSM201412
geezer97, Owner at Ridgemoor B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Thanks for this review. Glad we were able to meet your expectations. Sometimes the golf course to the south and the fairgrounds to the west, both about a mile away can play quite loud music that carries a long way some nites. I'm going to start providing disposable ear plugs in the future.
we'd be glad to have you back. cheers, bill

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Ridgemoor, a welcoming woodsy manor and Bill Bell, its affable host make each new day a pleasure. I enjoyed breakfast, not only for is delicious home-harvested honey and maple syrup, but also for the wide-ranging conversations that Bill served up along with the pancakes and eggs. The room was spacious and comfortable. I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay.

Karen F.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thanks for this review. Glad you enjoyed your stay.It's always pleasant to get visitors from the United States. Sometimes I think Americans feel our gasoline is too expensive, so fill up before you cross the border.

Hope you visit again. cheers, Bill

Reviewed 19 August 2014

This bed and breakfast was absolutely wonderful! Amazing food (and plenty of it), super clean, and in an idyllic location. My husband and I spent the day exploring the waterfalls in the area and the wineries too. We will definitely recommend this spot to all our friends!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sam A
geezer97, Owner at Ridgemoor B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Thanks for this review. For your first trip to Canada you did a lot. For active people like yourselves exploring the waterfalls is a real adventure. With 120 or so of them you 've got a good excuse to return. Gas was $1.34 a liter on Sun nite or 4.54 x 1.34= $6.08 per imperial gallon, which is a bit bigger than your American gallon. So next time fill up in the U.S. before crossing the border..

Reviewed 3 August 2014

The two of us spent the week at Bill's B & B the Ridgemoor. What a wonderful vacation spot. We took day trips to Niagara falls, Niagara-on -lake and other sightseeing adventures. The highlight of our stay was to come back "home" to the B & B.

The morning was greeted with a hearty breakfast including either pancakes, french toast ( secret recipe), omelets or scrambled eggs with bacon and every day a bowl of fresh berries. Bill served yogurt, toast, tea, coffee and great conversation as well.

Once he was finished serving breakfast he would grab his cup of coffee and join us at the table for educational, interesting and thought provoking conversations.

I was so relaxed and enjoying my book in the living room that I never ventured to the swimming pool, hot tub or sauna. The B & B is surrounded by 90 acres of pristine woods where Bill taps his own trees to produce maple syrup. That is the way I like my pancakes or french toast is with fresh maple syrup. He has honey produced on the property as well.

What can I say, it was a spacious room, clean, lovely with a table and chair sitting area down the hall from our room with brochures for places to see or eat. There was a kitchenette on our floor as well with a sink, refrigerator and plates, etc.

The B&B is separate from their living quarters which makes it so comfortable with a separate entrance as well.

We stayed in the VOP room which we guessed stood for Very Old People but Bill set us straight by telling us is stood for View of the Pond, dah.

Other than in the morning, the B & B portion is for the guest and Bill nor his wife bother you at all. So quiet and serene.

Room Tip: Our room had two twin beds in it that I think could be joined to form a King bed. The other two room...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
geezer97, Owner at Ridgemoor B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Thank-you for the review.Our location in the "Golden Horseshoe" does make it easy to visit multiple attractions. Breakfast conversations are the best part of running a B&B and I always sit down and join in unless there are 6 or more guests at the common dining table.The covered front porch and sitting room with fireplace and TV overlooking the pond are other good places to talk with the guests.

The room with a sofa upstairs is used for a 3rd person or children and they use the private bath that goes with the room the others use. The sofa folds out into a double bed. This room costs $30.00 a nite.

Glad you enjoyed your stay. cheers, Bill

Been to Ridgemoor B&B? Share your experiences!