See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 16, 2014

This accomodation was very peaceful and relaxing. Felt better than being at home. Nestled in a wooded lot yet close to eating shopping and attractions. Bill is a super friendly host, an amazing breakfast cook and conversationalist. My extended family and I had the opportunity to take up then entire top floor of this estate for 4 nights. If ever I am back in this area, this is where I will lay my head. Thanks again bill!

• Stayed: September 2014
geezer97, Owner at Ridgemoor B&B, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2014

Thanks for this review. My breakfasts are not culinary masterpieces but I do feel they are healthy and filling. Using the honey from Zenon's hives in the front field (bees get their nectar from the golden rod) and maple syrup that we make from our own maples adds a unique touch to our breakfasts. I must say I appreciated your group's good humour and that little Master M. was a going concern, so full of energy. Sure hope he got seat 7 by the window on the way home.

cheers, Bill

Reviewed September 15, 2014

We just returned home after spending the last 4 nights at this perfect location. We were a party of 8, in Ancaster for a wedding on the weekend. We had the whole top floor of the B and B and it was perfect in every way. Bill couldn't have been more accommodating and he served us a delicious breakfast each morning. Everything was spotless and spacious. I would recommend this Bed and Breakfast accommodation highly and would love to return for another stay.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
geezer97, Owner at Ridgemoor B&B, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2014

Thanks for posting this review.I am glad your expectations were met. Your opinion is especially important because you travel a lot and have experiences with other establishments. Your group was also very punctual showing up for breakfast at the agreed time if they wanted breakfast hot and fresh. It was a pleasure meeting you all. cheers, Bill

Reviewed August 26, 2014

It was a beautiful place which was surrounded by endless trees and flowers. This is unlike any other B&B because once you walk into this property, you will feel like walk into a forest. The owner of this place was absolutely kind and provided delicious breakfast. The rooms were spacious and clean. I will definitely go back to this place.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank DKSM201412
geezer97, Owner at Ridgemoor B&B, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2014

Thanks for this review. Glad we were able to meet your expectations. Sometimes the golf course to the south and the fairgrounds to the west, both about a mile away can play quite loud music that carries a long way some nites. I'm going to start providing disposable ear plugs in the future.
we'd be glad to have you back. cheers, bill

Reviewed August 24, 2014

Ridgemoor, a welcoming woodsy manor and Bill Bell, its affable host make each new day a pleasure. I enjoyed breakfast, not only for is delicious home-harvested honey and maple syrup, but also for the wide-ranging conversations that Bill served up along with the pancakes and eggs. The room was spacious and comfortable. I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay.

Karen F.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thanks for this review. Glad you enjoyed your stay.It's always pleasant to get visitors from the United States. Sometimes I think Americans feel our gasoline is too expensive, so fill up before you cross the border.

Hope you visit again. cheers, Bill

Reviewed August 19, 2014

This bed and breakfast was absolutely wonderful! Amazing food (and plenty of it), super clean, and in an idyllic location. My husband and I spent the day exploring the waterfalls in the area and the wineries too. We will definitely recommend this spot to all our friends!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sam A
geezer97, Owner at Ridgemoor B&B, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2014

Thanks for this review. For your first trip to Canada you did a lot. For active people like yourselves exploring the waterfalls is a real adventure. With 120 or so of them you 've got a good excuse to return. Gas was $1.34 a liter on Sun nite or 4.54 x 1.34= $6.08 per imperial gallon, which is a bit bigger than your American gallon. So next time fill up in the U.S. before crossing the border..

cheers, Bill