See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 18, 2015

The room was comfortable, quiet, clean and is right on the route for the new Greenbelt Bike trail. We had a great breakfast. Bill is a fine cook and sat down to chat with us during the meal. He is very knowledgable about the area. I'd recommend it.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
geezer97, Owner at Ridgemoor B&B, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2015

Thanks for taking the time to post this review. You were the first cyclists riding the Greenbelt Trail to stay here. Glad your expectations were met for the most part.

Breakfast conversation expanded my insight into long term care beds in Ontario. There must be a lot of pressure in that job.

Cycle Safe. cheers, Bill

Reviewed August 15, 2015

The difference of staying at Ridgemoor is apparent from the approach to the house on the wooded drive. This is going to be an experience unlike most other stays at hotels, B&B's, and hostels--this is as if one were returning home. The proprietor, Bill, is pleased to welcome the prodigal and (re)introduce the home and its amenities (such as a small kitchen for community use, a sitting room on the ground/first floor and a utility room on the first/second floor). I stayed 2 nights this past week (mid-August). The WiFi worked well in the room (BYS--Back Yard Scene), though I wasn't trying to stream live videos; the shower was warm and spacious, the bed comfortable, the bedroom area rugs thick and cushiony; there was plenty of closet and dresser space to unpack the luggage and really feel like home. The breakfasts were amazing with local honey, syrup, and homemade jams. The fruit bowl (yoghurt available) offered delicious variety and the main course offered variety and was filling. Conversation is also served up at breakfast and is the savory to the meal. I didn't get the opportunity to use the pool, but did see that it was enclosed in screening, so despite the woodsy surroundings, bugs should not bother swimmers. A walk in the woods is possible with a number of paths available--or just sitting on the broad front porch or the patio in the back and experiencing nature without the hustle and bustle of everyday life would make a quiet stay complete. This seclusion was available 5 minutes from the 403. Thank you Bill; when I am next in the area, I will check with you for availability.

Room tip: Not a bad room--1 of the 3 rooms is en-suite.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
geezer97, Owner at Ridgemoor B&B, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2015

Thanks for taking the time to post this review.I'm glad you appreciated the homey feel to Ridgemoor because that is exactly what we strive for. Afterall, we built the home after clearing the land in1982 and raised our family here.

The maple syrup and honey coming off the property are unique to a B&B.

I also, enjoyed the morning conversation. Old Java is still hanging on.

Reviewed August 11, 2015

We've just returned from staying at Ridgemoor BnB for 4 nights for a wedding in nearby Ancaster and what a gem it is. We thoroughly enjoyed our stayed and were made to feel incredibly welcome by host Bill. Our room was very spacious, immacutely clean with our own private bathroom. Breakfasts were fantastic incorporating fresh fruit, yoghurts, malt loaf and cooked dishes from eggs and bacon to French toast made fresh by Bill - all were delicious. We hope to return to Ancaster soon and will definitely choose Ridgemoor BnB.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Thanks for the review. Hope you enjoyed your time in Ontario, It's a big place.

You were exceptional guests and I must say stripping the beds and gathering up the towels was appreciated but unexpected.

I guess you are safely back in Coventry and I'm glad you included Ridgemoor B&B in your visit to Canada,

Reviewed July 21, 2015

Ridgemoor has been my "home away from home" for several years now when I return to my hometown of Ancaster. Bill is a wonderful host ... be sure to try the maple syrup made from his trees and the honey made from his bees! The setting of the house in the deep woods cannot be beat. Everything about Ridgemoor is great.

Date of stay: June 2015
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
geezer97, Owner at Ridgemoor B&B, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2015

Thanks for taking the time to write this review.Although I've had several returning guests you've stayed here the most times. 7 I think. Ancaster is certainly undergoing a lot of growth and expansion; 4 square km north of Garner road and south of 403 alone! You may not recognize the old stomping grounds next year.But it's still real quiet here in the woodlot.

Thanks again. cheers, Bill

Reviewed July 12, 2015

My second time to Ridgemore. Loved it so much brought my mom a second time. We had had a great stay. Lovely visit, beautiful and filling breakfasts with homemade jams. Spacious and comfortable bed, big bathroom and tub. Grounds are great for and nature hike. Big deep pool and hot tub to unwind.
Minutes from historic Ancaster Village and no Dundas and did a stone's throw from Hamilton.

Date of stay: July 2015
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
geezer97, Owner at Ridgemoor B&B, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2015

Thanks for the prompt review. It was a pleasure seeing you again. Your Mom is quite the character. I enjoyed meeting her. You got around to quite a few venues while you stayed here. We are fortunate to be so central to all the golden horseshoe offers.

hope you're winners with the 649 tickets.