“Plant-based Dining In Arnprior”

Negi Indian Cuisine
Ranked #5 of 49 Restaurants in Arnprior
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

What a gem of a place!
Excellent Indian Food served mild medium or hot, your choice! Though the plant-based (vegan) options on the menu were limited there were a few dishes to choose from and they were delish!
The Chana Masala (chickpeas) was richly flavoured, well oiled and satisfying and the potato and spinach dish (I forget the Indian name) was equally excellent.
My friend swooned over the garlic nan bread, and yes it was awesome.
I liked that we were served complementary papadams shortly after we sat down and that the tables had linen cloths and napkins. Very civilized!
This appeared to be a family run restaurant and had about 9 or 10 tables.
Our bill for lunch for two people rang in at a hefty $50 or so but we ate well ( appetizer, two dishes, white rice and a double order of garlic nan bread- no beverages) and had plenty of leftovers to bring home.
I would not hesitate to return for a meal here again another time, in fact the drive from Ottawa to eat here is well worth it.

Note to owners:
My one small complaint was that the cold air blustered in when the restaurant door opened and made the room temperature a little uncomfortable toward the end of our meal. It might be worth investing in a second set of doors at the entrance some time in the future.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This small restaurant provided excellent Indian food. However, the service was very slow...they seem to Cather to the very many take-out customers first. They should re-examine this policy to provide better service to the in-house patrons.
Their onion Bhaji are to die for; the butter chicken was a favourite; the shrimp masala was delightful; and their pappadums are always welcomed.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed October 22, 2018

My wife and I and a friends couple went there based on a recommendation from a friend. I can tell you, we ate in a lot of Indian restaurants over the years but Negi is the best Indian food you can get. The service is great. The owner and his wife are super friendly and the food is outstanding. Can't wait to go back. Only problem, I ate too much ;)
Negi is a must for Indian food lovers.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed October 8, 2018

As an indian food lover, I've been coast to coast, and have eaten indian food across Canada. I've had some really excellent meals, but this restaurant tops them all! The decor and ambience were just a bonus - the meal was fantastic! Every dish was perfect! Highly recommend Negi!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed September 5, 2018

This restaurant has become our regular stop-over destination on our 600-mile trip between home and our home-away-from-home in Northern Ontario. On one memorable occasion when I was not feeling well, my husband got take-out - and I was soon "cured" by eating the wonderfully soothing-yet-tasty Daal Makhani along with some delicious Garlic Naan! The menu has many great choices, both veg and non-veg.

Date of visit: August 2018