“McCallum’s Restaurant”

Mc Callum's Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 49 Restaurants in Arnprior
Reviewed March 6, 2018 via mobile

Recently enjoyed a lovely breakfast at this restaurant.
The service was excellent t along with the fresh coffee.
The breakfast ordered was a Western Omelet served
with a Potato Pancake instead of the usual fried potatoes.
The rye toast was buttered lightly and served with the toast
was homemade Rhubarb Jam along with Strawberry Jam.
The cost was reasonable and the meal was enjoyed by
both of us.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed April 12, 2017

Prices were very reasonable and the food was terrific. Just like granny would make. The tea biscuits were the best I have ever had and the cabbage rolls were heavenly. Nice assortment of menu items both large and small. All all inclusive daily specials. Small place, clean and homey. I will be going back!

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed December 19, 2016

McCallum's is great place for lunch with real home cooked food. Generally deserts at restaurants are brought in from elsewhere, not here. The owner bakes all her deserts from scratch just like mom. We love her pies.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed October 18, 2016

I normally avoid restaurants that advertise "Home cooked meals" because I figure "If I want home-cooked taste, I'll eat at home" - But after my kids and their high school friends have raved about McCallums being a popular school lunch spot, I figured I'd give them a try.

Man, oh man, do I ever wish I had started going in there *years ago*! Firstly, the staff are genuinely warm and friendly; Questions about the menu ? About the restaurant ? About the town ? They'll take the time to tell you whatever you need to know.

But the food: Oh dear lord, the food is SO GOOD!
On a whim, I ordered the butternut squash soup and the cabbage rolls: I am no where near a chef, but I do know that cabbage rolls are a binary proposition: Either you knock them out of the park, or you make a gooey mess best left unspoken: McCallums' knocks them into orbit!

The pan fries are not only perfectly cooked, but wonderfully spiced, leaving you looking for just one more on your plate. The home made rolls melt in your mouth and are oh-so-delicious. Desert came with the meal, but I brought that home for my wife: I didn't want to erase the taste of such a wonderful meal.

I will *absolutely* be returning to McCallums as a lunch time treat!

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed August 4, 2016 via mobile

Once in a few months I stop by and have a tasty morsel from this cozy place. Often occupied with local ladies having tea and chats, like when someone comes to Grandma's place. The food is homemade and you sure can tell. My tummy leaves full enough and happy from the pleasure of eating at McCullums. Golden star from me.

Date of visit: May 2016