All reviews stayed here front desk pool and hot tub newer hotel dairy queen tim hortons would stay again pancake maker breakfast room hockey tournament beds were comfortable the pool looked nice sports teams hot food nice hotel exercise room eggs
Reviewed March 13, 2011

We stayed here with a group of hockey families and were pleasantly surprised. We had an executive suite on the 2nd floor. The room was very spacious with fridge and microwave. The kids loved the pool and the breakfast.
The front desk staff went out of their way to arrange dinner and taxi reservations for our group. We were very happy with the Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Wendy M
Reviewed February 21, 2011

I stopped here en route from Toronto to Montreal after my flight had been delayed 4 hours. The property is quite new, very well maintained and the staff (esp. Katie) went out of their way to assist. The room was large and quiet, despite the place being fully booked, mostly by swarms of young hockey players and their parents. Good internet connectivity (free). The hot breakfast was more than adequate. Location is a little odd and they could use a little better signage.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank CanadianTraveler65
Reviewed January 14, 2011

my husband and i stayed here January 5-9/2011. the first night we got to the hotel at 1130pm due to the snowfall. we couldn't sleep all night because of the next rooms TV so loud it kept us awake. when asked the front desk in the morning it as determined that the staff had turned up the TV full blast to test it and forgot to turn it off. the woman at the front desk was the sales mgr and i assumed, my mistake that we'd be comp'ed for the night but were not. the gym was small but served the purpose. overall the hotel was good. good location. we will stay here again as it's close to family.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maureen C
HIEXBMManager, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clarington - Bowmanville, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2011

Thanks so much for your review.
I have sent you a private message. Please check and contact me at your convenience.

Thanks!

Kim Shields

Reviewed September 28, 2010

This is a new and very nice HIE. However, we were put on the 6th floor and when we questioned that we were told the room couldn't be change. The A/C has a limit of 68 degrees and you can't set it lower which for night time sleeping with the comforter is very uncomfortable. Spent half the night sweating!

Why would anyone build a new hotel and NOT have wireless internet..it is only available in the lobby. This just makes no sense to me! The ethernet cable is a little slower than normal wireless. Plus when you both travel with laptops this is quite an inconvenience. I will NOT be staying here again.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SoTX
HIEXBMManager, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clarington - Bowmanville, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2010

Hi SoTX,

I was hoping to address some of the issues you experienced during your recent stay with us.

I'm so sorry that you found it warm in the room. Typically, 68 degrees is cool enough for most guests but we do understand that some people like things just a little bit bit "fresher". Unfortunately, we have to limit the temperature range for the rooms as, if the temperature is lowered too much, the units can freeze causing permanent and expensive damage. The very cozy duvets are beautiful for chilly weather but I can see if you're already warmer than you'd like, they would make it too warm. Please, for next time, if you make a quick call to Front Desk, within two minutes, we will rush you up a couple of comfy blankets to use instead of the duvet.

As it is our policy to ensure that all of our guests have a comfortable stay and leave satisfied, the only reasons I can think of that our Front Desk wasn't able to move you would be either there were no more of the room type you requested available, or the hotel was sold out. Otherwise, it would have been our pleasure to have you try another room to see if you found it more comfortable. I'm terribly sorry if this wasn't conveyed to you.

Lastly, regaring the Wireless Internet....It's coming!!
We have actually had WiFi since we opened but there were some structural issues that prevented its consistent use with the existing configuration, but rest assured that our IT team is diligently working on the solution as we speak and we have been assured that the WiFi should be completely operational by the end of the month (November).

Please bear with us just a little longer. As a brand new property we are still taking care of some small things that arise, but please know that we're listening, and your issues are our issues.
We care about your experience and our goal is to be the traveller's preferred hotel in the eastern Durham Region and we're prepared to work as hard as we have to to acheive it.

If you, or any other guest, has an issue, question or suggestion they wish to discuss, please call me direct. My name is Kim Shields and I'm the Front Office and Sales Manager here.
My number is 1-877-697-8089 ext 153 and my email is kimberlys@pomeroygroup.ca
I will, personally, do everything I can to ensure that your stay with us is memorable for all the right reasons!

Warmest regards,

Kim

Reviewed July 7, 2010

This hotel is just like every Holiday Inn Express you've ever been to: simple, clean, and comfy. The only thing that makes it outstanding is its location. Fellow Bowmanville travellers, this newly built HI is the answer to your prayers, as before its existence we were forced to stay at that spooky HoJo.

The HI is in a good location, right across the street from the Tim Hortons, Wendys, Dairy Queen, and Mr. Sub. If you're feeling frisky you can walk to downtown Bowmanville in about half an hour, where there's lots of restaurants and shops. There's also a little park nearby for strolling. Toronto and all its eastern suburbs (Pickering, Whitby, Oshawa) are close-by by car or GO.

The staff were friendly and there is tons of free parking. Not many options for the free morning breakfast... but it's free! The hotel is brand new so the rooms, pool, and gym are spotless and in perfect condition. My room was a fair size, although I wouldn't classify it as a "suite." The only addition was a microwave - which I can't imagine ever using in a hotel room. Given this, I thought the price was quite expensive for what you get. I got a discount, and I don't think I would return to this hotel if I had to pay full price. But I did get a good night's sleep here - the bed was very comfortable and the hotel was super-quiet.

All in all I enjoyed my stay here and I would recommend it to anyone who doesn't mind paying the $150/night. Really, when you consider the alternatives, it's well worth it.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple