All reviews stayed here front desk pool and hot tub newer hotel dairy queen tim hortons would stay again room was clean pancake maker hockey tournament recommend this hotel exercise room the pool looked nice sports teams hot food a great stay breakfast included
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Chose this location to save a few $$ over other HIE locations on or nearer to the GO Transit's train network. A short drive up the 401 got me to a GO Train for my day trip into Toronto for the TFC soccer match at the exhibition grounds.

Hotel is indeed a typical HIE. Very clean, safe and well equipped with everything I needed for my quick overnight stay. I did not make use of the extras like the fitness area or the pool but I did notice others were using them.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed July 12, 2011

Enjoyed hotel, staff was friendly and helpful, I read about lack of wifi in Sept 2010 review and based on GM response expected it to be corrected, my kids were dussapointed they couldn't log on.

Pool pictures make pool look way bigger than it is, it's a good size, but picture over-sells the pool

These things won't keep us away

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed June 14, 2011

This is a typical HIE. Clean, comfortable, decent breakfast included, friendly staff. No wireless in the rooms though. This is something you expect from this chain, and for a newer buliding- very strange they don't have it. That said, I stayed here instead of the Holiday Inn in Peterborough because it was $50 cheaper and includes breakfast. I just got up 45 min earlier to get into Peterborough for meeting.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank lingtraveler
HIEXBMManager, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clarington - Bowmanville, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2011

Thank you so much for your feedback. I'm so pleased to see that, aside from your concerns regarding the WiFi, that you enjoyed the rest of your stay.
Regarding the Wireless Internet; we are so terribly sorry. We have been tirelessly attempting to get functional hotel-wide WiFi service since we opened, but we were recently advised by our ISP, that the technology is limited for our specific location at present (the details of which are beyond my understanding), and they are unable to guarantee us reliable WiFi without installing Access Points in each guest room, which, unfortunately, just isn't feasible.
All of our main floor common areas are equipped with complimentary Wifi (we have Access Points everywhere in the public areas) and all of our guest rooms have reliable complimentary Wired Internet access (Internet cables are provided complimentary at the front desk for guests to use during their stay).
Please know that we are not giving up on this and as soon as we are able to ensure consistent, reliable wireless connectivity, we will have it for our guests to enjoy.

Thank you again for your comments and, please, should you, or anyone, have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me at 905-697-8089 ext 153.

Warmest regards,

Kim Shields

Reviewed March 13, 2011

We stayed here with a group of hockey families and were pleasantly surprised. We had an executive suite on the 2nd floor. The room was very spacious with fridge and microwave. The kids loved the pool and the breakfast.
The front desk staff went out of their way to arrange dinner and taxi reservations for our group. We were very happy with the Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Wendy M
Reviewed February 21, 2011

I stopped here en route from Toronto to Montreal after my flight had been delayed 4 hours. The property is quite new, very well maintained and the staff (esp. Katie) went out of their way to assist. The room was large and quiet, despite the place being fully booked, mostly by swarms of young hockey players and their parents. Good internet connectivity (free). The hot breakfast was more than adequate. Location is a little odd and they could use a little better signage.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo