All reviews stayed here front desk pool and hot tub newer hotel dairy queen tim hortons would stay again pancake maker breakfast room hockey tournament beds were comfortable the pool looked nice sports teams hot food nice hotel exercise room eggs
Reviewed October 18, 2011

We stayed here for a wedding and the hotel was very full. The hotel allowed guests from the previous night to have a late check out, resulting in a big crowd at check-in between 2 and 4pm waiting for rooms to be cleaned. It was frustrating to wait and be late for the wedding, but the clerk at the desk was very nice and helpful.

The room was large and new. We had a whirlpool tub in our room and a king bed. It also had a fridge and microwave. We didn't spend much time in the room but the bed was comfortable.

The location is close to the highway and some fast food outlets.

Date of stay: September 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
HIEXBMManager, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clarington - Bowmanville, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2011

I'm so glad you enjoyed your visit with us and I sincerely apologize that you had to wait for your room. Check in time is 3pm and we try to ensure that all rooms are ready for check in at that time.
Priority Club Members are entitled to a late check out of (up to) 2pm, based on availability - one of the many wonderful benefits of joining Priority Club - and while we try to accommodate those late check outs as often as possible, the staff have now been advised that, on busy weekends, we will have to be more careful on how late we can allow people to stay. We don't want any guest having to wait until after 3pm to access their room. Keeping our promises to our guests is very important to us!
If you ever have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Thanks for choosing our hotel!!

Kim Shields
Front Office and Sales Manager
Holiday Inn Express Bowmanville
37 Spicer Square Bowmanville, Ontario L1C 5M2
905-697-8089 ext 153
kimberlys@pomeroygroup.ca

Reviewed August 29, 2011

Chose this location to save a few $$ over other HIE locations on or nearer to the GO Transit's train network. A short drive up the 401 got me to a GO Train for my day trip into Toronto for the TFC soccer match at the exhibition grounds.

Hotel is indeed a typical HIE. Very clean, safe and well equipped with everything I needed for my quick overnight stay. I did not make use of the extras like the fitness area or the pool but I did notice others were using them.

Date of stay: August 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed July 12, 2011

Enjoyed hotel, staff was friendly and helpful, I read about lack of wifi in Sept 2010 review and based on GM response expected it to be corrected, my kids were dussapointed they couldn't log on.

Pool pictures make pool look way bigger than it is, it's a good size, but picture over-sells the pool

These things won't keep us away

Date of stay: July 2011
Reviewed June 14, 2011

This is a typical HIE. Clean, comfortable, decent breakfast included, friendly staff. No wireless in the rooms though. This is something you expect from this chain, and for a newer buliding- very strange they don't have it. That said, I stayed here instead of the Holiday Inn in Peterborough because it was $50 cheaper and includes breakfast. I just got up 45 min earlier to get into Peterborough for meeting.

Date of stay: June 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank lingtraveler
HIEXBMManager, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clarington - Bowmanville, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2011

Thank you so much for your feedback. I'm so pleased to see that, aside from your concerns regarding the WiFi, that you enjoyed the rest of your stay.
Regarding the Wireless Internet; we are so terribly sorry. We have been tirelessly attempting to get functional hotel-wide WiFi service since we opened, but we were recently advised by our ISP, that the technology is limited for our specific location at present (the details of which are beyond my understanding), and they are unable to guarantee us reliable WiFi without installing Access Points in each guest room, which, unfortunately, just isn't feasible.
All of our main floor common areas are equipped with complimentary Wifi (we have Access Points everywhere in the public areas) and all of our guest rooms have reliable complimentary Wired Internet access (Internet cables are provided complimentary at the front desk for guests to use during their stay).
Please know that we are not giving up on this and as soon as we are able to ensure consistent, reliable wireless connectivity, we will have it for our guests to enjoy.

Thank you again for your comments and, please, should you, or anyone, have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me at 905-697-8089 ext 153.

Warmest regards,

Kim Shields

Reviewed March 13, 2011

We stayed here with a group of hockey families and were pleasantly surprised. We had an executive suite on the 2nd floor. The room was very spacious with fridge and microwave. The kids loved the pool and the breakfast.
The front desk staff went out of their way to arrange dinner and taxi reservations for our group. We were very happy with the Holiday Inn.

Date of stay: March 2011