All reviews stayed here front desk pool and hot tub newer hotel dairy queen tim hortons would stay again pancake maker breakfast room hockey tournament beds were comfortable the pool looked nice sports teams hot food nice hotel exercise room eggs
Reviewed January 19, 2012

I have a mixed bag review on this hotel. First we stayed in the Jacuzzi Suite and it was very nice. It has a big two person hot tub. We loved it! Bed was very comfortable to sleep in. The pool was nice but very small with a hot tub next to it. The buffet breakfast was good, bigger then most free buffets around. They actually had this cool little pancake maker, along with eggs, sausage, and fruit. Everthing was nice. But the downside is that my experiance with noise was much different the most. There was a hockey team of 12 yr. old boys with parents that were more interested in partying then taking care of their kids. I'm generally very patient with kids but these were out of control. Running around the hotel having a wild time. On top of that the walls were very thin you could hear people in the room next to us talking. They must have hated when we were in the jucuzzi. So as I said a mixed review. I do suspect and acknowledge that if you take out the hockey team I would have rated this hotel much higher.

Date of stay: January 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Badb88
Reviewed January 11, 2012

Stayed night before last while attending a seminar. Rooms were very quiet and clean. No wifi in rooms but you can connect an ethernet cord for broadband internet. Wifi available in lobby. The free breakfast was great! Hot eggs and sausage as well as pancakes, fruit, cereals etc. Very nice hotel! Easily located just off the 401. Very glad to read the comment about not sport team friendly...good work Management!

Date of stay: January 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Oilexec
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Very quiet ,very friendly staff. I will be staying there at least once a month.

Date of stay: December 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed December 18, 2011

We stayed here last weekend, in town for a Cheerleading competition. There was also a Hockey tournament going on nearby as we saw a lot of young hockey players in the building. Considering the amount of amped up youngsters in the building there was absolutely no noise in my room! Upon check in the front desk staff was very helpful, our room was immaculate, one of the CLEANEST hotels I have ever checked into. With two girls and myself, having a kitchenette was very helpful. Free hot breakfast in the AM was an added bonus! I WILL definitely stay here again when traveling to the Oshawa/Toronto area! They did have security around later at night to lock things up and look after the place, but she was very courteous and not rude at all. I would rather have someone around that can speak to people about noise levels and rowdiness than not have any action taking with such behavior. It was a GREAT stay!!!

Room tip: South facing rooms on higher floors do have a view of Lake Ontario. We were on the 5th floor facing north which was just fine :)
Date of stay: December 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed November 27, 2011

This hotel was one of the choices given to us for a tournament in Whitby Ontario,it is a nice hotel but they have a security guard that made our entire team parents included feel like we were inprisoned there,she would come around at 10pm make us all lock our doors and say she didnt want to see anybody hanging out in the hallways basically lights out at 10pm.while we had fun our stay at this hotel was very unenjoyable.

Date of stay: November 2011
HIEXBMManager, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clarington - Bowmanville, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2011

I'm very, very sorry you felt that way. It was definitely not our intention.
Our team guests are certainly not expected to lock their doors and remain in their rooms but, as per the team conduct agreements that you sign when you check in, the hotel's quiet time is from 10pm until 7am, so there is no socializing in the hallways permitted during those hours. You are, of course, welcome to entertain in your rooms but we, as a hotel, have to be conscious of the other hotel guests' quality of sleep and insist that hall activity (kids running from room to room) and noise levels be kept at a minimum to ensure that the needs of our non-tournament guests are met, too. We have a number of large tournaments every year and it's our responsibility to ensure ALL guests are happy and comfortable and, based on the feedback of some of our regular corporate guests, the security controls are very much appreciated.
Because we really DO care about our team guests, and know that they often like to socialize with the other parents, we provide a hospitality room on the weekends. It is booked on a first come first served basis (there is a basic signed agreement involved), and can be booked directly with the front desk staff, on site, if it's not done in advance. It is a perfect place to get together, as it's away from all guest rooms, and is provided complimentary as a convenience to our team guests. If you wish to consume alcohol in this room, however, as Holiday Inn Express hotels are not licensed facilities, you must provide a special occasions permit which is easy to get. The permit can be obtained at your local LCBO, 10 days prior to the date you need it for, at a nominal fee.
I sincerely hope that this helps to clear up any misunderstandings that might have occurred during your stay.

If you would like to discuss any of this with me directly, please don't hesitate to contact me at 905-697-8089 ext 153 or at kimberlys@pomeroygroup.ca

We hope that you decide to stay with us again the next time you're in town for a game, and maybe I can help you to take advantage of the team resources we offer. We really do want to ensure that your stay with us is always a positive experience!

Kim Shields