All reviews stayed here front desk pool and hot tub newer hotel dairy queen tim hortons would stay again room was clean pancake maker hockey tournament recommend this hotel exercise room the pool looked nice sports teams hot food a great stay breakfast included
Reviewed May 29, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at this beautiful property after spending a Sunday in Toronto with our family. We wanted to get out of Toronto on Sunday evening, on our way back to Ottawa, before the Monday morning rush hour and this hotel was perfectly located, just off the 401, in Bowmanville. The hotel looks brand new and is clean and modern throughout. The staff was very helpful and even called up to our room to see if we needed anything. The hot and cold breakfast was substantial with lots of healthy choices ... although I missed having waffles available. Coffee and tea was plentiful, flavorful and hot. My only observation (not a complaint) is that the beds were not as luxurious or comfortable as most of the hotels in this class. Aside from that, it was a great stay and we'll definitely be back!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
HIEXBMManager, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clarington - Bowmanville, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2017

Thank you so much for your great review! I'm so glad you had such an enjoyable visit!
I am sorry to hear the beds didn't exceed your expectations but, great news, we are in the process of replacing all the mattresses!!! We completed the second phase in May, the next batch will be replaced on June 19th and the last mattresses will be changed in July!
We're getting wonderful feedback about the new ones so you'll have to let us know what you think on your next visit!!
We look forward to seeing you again the next time you're in Bowmanville.

Reviewed May 26, 2017

Newer hotel in Bowmanville. Staff friendly, conventenial breakfast ok gets you on your way! Bed comfortable. Within walking distance of many things including the DQ, Mary Browns, Tim Hortons, Shell. Roomy 1 king sized bed Room equipped with coffee maker, frig and micro. Gym and indoor swiming pool in great condition. Rates reasonable Would stay again

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your great review!
I'm so pleased you enjoyed so many things about your stay, from the comfortable guest rooms to the complimentary buffet breakfast, and we look forward to having you visit with us again the next time you're in Bowmanville.

Reviewed May 22, 2017

I've stayed at many hotels for business trips and compared to many other hotels, many things about this hotel is a bit above average. The room was very clean and large and the WIFI was fast. The gym is tiny (one treadmill, one elliptical) but was new and I was the only one there so no problem there. The pool looked nice.

The hotel isn't exactly in a nice location (by the highway) but it is convenient and its not too far to downtown bowmanville.

The hotel is quiet and there isn't a restaurant on site but there is a free breakfast included.

It's not luxury but overall its a good experience.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your kind review. It's great to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations in several areas. I was particularly pleased to read your positive Internet comments because we just upgraded the Wifi by more than 10 times the original bandwidth which has made it very user friendly... and there are even more upgrades to come! We want it to be the best!
I'm glad you found our location convenient and quiet. We are definitely far enough back from the highway that guests aren't disturbed by highway noise and can enjoy a comfortable, restful sleep.
We look forward to having you visit with us again the next time you're in Bowmanville.

Reviewed April 30, 2017 via mobile

We arrived after 10 pm. The hotel was fully booked but was quiet on our floor. So we were happy. Our room was clean tidy and comfortable. New beds are a positive! Everything was comfortable. Free wifi and parking. The pool looked nice but we were not there long enough to use it. We had breakfast in the morning. It was the traditional quick service with sausages, eggs, omelette and pastry. There was a pancake maker also. It was good and there was plenty of choice amongst the cold items too. Check in and out was quick and very friendly. In all an excellent stay as we drove through. We would return for sure. Thank you to the front desk staff as they were so pleasant to deal with. And a big thank you to the breakfast team. Well done.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
HIEXBMManager, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clarington - Bowmanville, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2017

Thank you so much for your great review! I'm so pleased you enjoyed your visit and chose to share your wonderful experience. I love hearing how our team was able to exceed our guests' expectations. They're a terrific group!

Reviewed March 31, 2017 via mobile

Nice hotel for a decent price. Washroom could have been cleaner - there were a number of pubic Hairs in the shower. There were plastic clothing tags on the floor in the room, I'm guessing this means that the room had not been vacuumed well. No restaurant on site and the closest pub is about a 15 minute walk away. Breakfast is ok, same as other holiday inn express locations. Decent gym and pool. Lobby area and breakfast area were both clean and well kept. Staff were very friendly.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
HIEXBMManager, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clarington - Bowmanville, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2017

Thank you for your great review despite the guest room issues you experienced. I'm so sorry that we dropped the ball with regards to your room cleanliness. As we have a great reputation for how clean our hotel is, this is completely unacceptable and I truly and sincerely apologize. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed all other aspects of your stay.

Please contact me directly so we can discuss the matter in greater detail. I have some questions.

1-877-697-8089