US$123
US$88
BestWestern.com
Liberty Inn(Bowmanville)
US$83
Joe Lin Station Bed & Breakfast(Bowmanville)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$184
US$174
Priceline
US$121
All reviewsstayed herefront deskpool and hot tubnewer hoteldairy queenwould stay againtim hortonspancake makerbreakfast was includedfitness roomnice hotelhockey tournamentsitting areaabove averagethe pool looked nicesports teamsoff the highway
Reviewed August 24, 2017

I reserved on-line for Friday but somehow it recorded the same day I was making the reservation. When I arrived on the Friday they advised me that they had charged me for a no-show on the date of the reservation and that they had no rooms available. I was charged $148.03 for a wrong booking and had to drive another 20 minutes to another hotel which charged me much more for a same night booking. They did help locate another hotel but being charged after explaining the issue to Shelby at the Front desk has left me with a bad experience. MAKE SURE YOU CHECK YOUR BOOKING DATES because they don't care about you just about making money.
Christian D

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clarington - Bowmanville, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2017

Hi cgljdiotte,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to share your feedback. We rely on guest reviews as this will allow us to improve wherever possible. I am sorry for the issues you had with the reservation. I also regret to read about the disappointments you had with the customer service delivered.

I have taken note of your comments and shared them with our management team to review the procedures we have in place and make necessary improvements accordingly. I also would like to follow-up, as such, I have sent you a private message to get more information about your stay.

Again, thank you for your feedback and I hope to hear from you soon.

Ingrid V.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed July 20, 2017

This past Sunday July 16th, 2017 my husband and I stayed at this hotel while on our way to another destination. The hotel has easy access from the highway. We were very happy with the large free parking area.
Our first contact with staff was a super young lady Crystal. She was bubbly and professional. She made us feel very welcome.
Our King room was clean, nicely decorated and the bed was very comfortable. The booking came with a free breakfast. I brought my own gluten free muffins as most places do not have a lot that is gluten free. I was quite surprised while having a chat with a kitchen staff member that they had gluten free bread and cereal. After I explained that because I have celiac disease I could not use the regular toaster or I could get cross contamination and get very sick. She was very interested in what I shared with her and was planning on seeing if they could get a toaster just for the gluten free bread. I suggested that they keep it in the kitchen at all times so it would be safe for those that really need to be eating totally gluten free.
The bath products were very nice and I did not get an allergic reaction like I normally would have. These products are from Bath and Body Works. I was very impressed with the shampoo, conditioner.
The rate was very reasonable, much less then the Toronto prices at most hotels. It was a nice place to stay. There are restaurants and plazas near by.
We were very happy with our stay at the Holiday Inn Express.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor facing the back of the hotel and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank heavenlygal
HIEXBMManager, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clarington - Bowmanville, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2017

Thank you so much for your great review! I'm so pleased you enjoyed your visit and found Crystal so welcoming. Good news! We now have that gluten free toaster in the kitchen for our guests. If you need some gluten free toast, let the kitchen attendant know and they will prepare it for you.
We look forward to having you visit with us again the next time you're in Bowmanville.

Reviewed June 6, 2017

We were in Ottawa traveling on a rainy day to Toronto. So, we stopped and stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Bowmanville (about an hour east of Toronto). No worries. Right off the highway. Close to Bowmanville (which has its share of theaters, restaurants and stores). The hotel was clean and our room was quiet and well appointed. The pool and spa were fine. Great hot tub. Free breakfast buffet was just okay.

As a bonus, there is a Dairy Queen right across the parking lot.

Room Tip: We stayed on side away from the highway. Very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
HIEXBMManager, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clarington - Bowmanville, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2017

Thank you so much for your great review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your visit and look forward to having you stay with us again the next time you're in Bowmanville.

Reviewed May 29, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at this beautiful property after spending a Sunday in Toronto with our family. We wanted to get out of Toronto on Sunday evening, on our way back to Ottawa, before the Monday morning rush hour and this hotel was perfectly located, just off the 401, in Bowmanville. The hotel looks brand new and is clean and modern throughout. The staff was very helpful and even called up to our room to see if we needed anything. The hot and cold breakfast was substantial with lots of healthy choices ... although I missed having waffles available. Coffee and tea was plentiful, flavorful and hot. My only observation (not a complaint) is that the beds were not as luxurious or comfortable as most of the hotels in this class. Aside from that, it was a great stay and we'll definitely be back!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your great review! I'm so glad you had such an enjoyable visit!
I am sorry to hear the beds didn't exceed your expectations but, great news, we are in the process of replacing all the mattresses!!! We completed the second phase in May, the next batch will be replaced on June 19th and the last mattresses will be changed in July!
We're getting wonderful feedback about the new ones so you'll have to let us know what you think on your next visit!!
We look forward to seeing you again the next time you're in Bowmanville.

Reviewed May 26, 2017

Newer hotel in Bowmanville. Staff friendly, conventenial breakfast ok gets you on your way! Bed comfortable. Within walking distance of many things including the DQ, Mary Browns, Tim Hortons, Shell. Roomy 1 king sized bed Room equipped with coffee maker, frig and micro. Gym and indoor swiming pool in great condition. Rates reasonable Would stay again

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your great review!
I'm so pleased you enjoyed so many things about your stay, from the comfortable guest rooms to the complimentary buffet breakfast, and we look forward to having you visit with us again the next time you're in Bowmanville.