All reviewsstayed herefront deskpool and hot tubnewer hoteldairy queentim hortonswould stay againbreakfast roombreakfast includedpancake makerhockey tournamentbeds were comfortableexercise roomabove averagethe pool looked nicesports teamsa great stay
Reviewed November 28, 2017 via mobile

Nice hotel, near the 401. DQ close by. Hot tube is small will fit about 4 people, exercise room is very small with threadmill, bike, and elliptical
Breakfast included, disappointed by the lack of bacon. Would have rate 5 if they had bacon

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Kim S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clarington - Bowmanville, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2017

Thank you so much for your lovely review and rating. I'm pleased you enjoyed your visit and found us conveniently located but I'm truly sorry the breakfast didn't exceed your expectations. There are so many great choices I hope you were able to find something delicious to start your day off right. We hope to see you again next time you are in Bowmanville.

Reviewed November 8, 2017

Check in was seamless. The staff was very friendly. I had a room with a king bed and it was huge so I had plenty of space. The beds are very comfortable. I also enjoyed the breakfast. There was plenty of variety and the breakfast area was spacious and clean. The location off of the 401 is also very handy.

Stayed: November 2017
HIEXBMManager, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clarington - Bowmanville, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2017

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We truly appreciate your feedback about our staff and accommodations and our extremely glad we were able to make your stay an enjoyable one. We are glad you enjoyed our new mattresses. We look forward to having you visit us next time you are in Bowmanville. Sincerely, Roberta. Sales Coordinator

Reviewed October 23, 2017

My husband instructs at Mosport a few times a year and we usually stay at the BW down the street. Given the great reviews on here, we decided to stay at the Holiday Inn for a change. We got the queen suite for our 2 adults/2 kids and the room itself was just ok. Big black scuff marks on the walls, stinky and grubby-feeling carpet (discovered when I got down to pick up a toy and nearly gagged at the stench...), generally tired-looking. I had a bad feeling when I soon realized that they had put ALL families with kids on the same floor. It was pretty chaotic most of our stay, with kids running from room to room, slamming doors and yelling to each other. In fact, I was awakened at 3am and again at 4am thanks to doors slamming in the hallway. The worst part though was the fact that we did not receive a wake up call which resulted in my husband being 45 minutes late. I did report it to the front desk but they had no explanation tho they did apologize. Finally, I need to mention that a bunch of us had to leave the pool due to having our eyes and throats scorched by chlorine fumes. It wasn't so much the water, but those of us sitting around the pool could no longer tolerate the place after 20 minutes. And it wasn't just me--we were all discussing it, as fellow guests. So, overall, it was not a pleasant stay and we won't go back. I know a few of these complaints were the result of other guests but as a hotel that hosts teenage sports teams, you should be forewarned that you may find yourself in the midst of chaos in the hallways, in the pool area, and the breakfast room. I know kids are kids and that's all good, but it's really unpleasant to be flat-out exhausted after a stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not on the same floor as a sports team.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clarington - Bowmanville, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2017

Hello Suzanne&Laine,

Thank you for choosing us and for sharing your experience. It is unfortunate that you were not able to fully enjoy your stay with us due to the condition of the room, the pool, the noise challenges and the level of service you received. I am very sorry for the inconveniences you have encountered during your stay with us. Your feedback has been taken into account and will be shared with our management team and maintenance staff. We are confident that necessary steps will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed September 23, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for a getaway. The room that we were in was clean and well appointed, the complementary breakfast was kept fully stocked right up to the end time. The Keurig Coffee machine, microwave and mini fridge in the room are also a great plus. This hotel offers good value for your money.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
HIEXBMManager, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clarington - Bowmanville, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2017

Thank you so much for sharing the details of your great stay! We sincerely appreciate that you took the time to do so, and are so glad that you enjoyed so many aspects of your visit. We have an exceptional team here and are extremely pleased that it shows.
We look forward to seeing you again the next time you're in Bowmanville.
Warm regards,
Kim Shields
Front Office & Sales Manager

Reviewed August 29, 2017

My family and I stayed here for a weekend as we attended a nearby event. The front desk staff were kind and efficient. The room was clean and comfortable and suitable for our family of five. I especially enjoyed the choice of "soft" vs "firm" pillows. We enjoyed the pool and hot tub and the fitness room was perfect for my husband. Breakfast was good although a bit crowded and a tad chaotic This could have been improved by placing plates and cutlery to the side, rather than in the middle of the buffet. Overall a great stay!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank GBPApril2009
HIEXBMManager, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clarington - Bowmanville, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2017

Thank you for your kind review. I'm so pleased our team was able to help make your family's stay so pleasant!
IHG is soon to be introducing a new breakfast for the Express brand of hotels. Hopefully they will also adjust the layout to something more efficient. We really appreciate your suggestions and will see if there's something we can do in the interim.
We look forward to having you visit with us again the next time you're in Bowmanville.
Warm regards,