Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Ron B
Cobourg, Canada

Marshmallow Bed

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jan 6, 2023
The check-in process was seamless, the bed was really comfortable, like sleeping on a marshmallow. The handicap room had adequate space but was located the farthest form the elevators. The labels on the soap, shampoo and conditioner containers were very fine print and difficult to read without a magnifying glass. Typically washrooms are stocked with at least one spare toilet paper roll. Our room not only did not have a spare roll there were only 4 sheets left on the roll in the dispenser. Breakfast was above average.
Date of stay: January 2023
Room Tip: Good location close to highway.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2.1 km from Holiday Inn Express & Suites Clarington - Bowmanville, an IHG Hotel
Get rewarded with One Key
  • Vio.com
  • Expedia.com
15.1 km from Holiday Inn Express & Suites Clarington - Bowmanville, an IHG Hotel
  • Algotels
Exterior
C$414
C$368
    C$368
10.0 km from Holiday Inn Express & Suites Clarington - Bowmanville, an IHG Hotel
King Guest Room
C$252
C$233
  • Courtyard
  • Booking.com
10.1 km from Holiday Inn Express & Suites Clarington - Bowmanville, an IHG Hotel
C$269
C$229
Join Wyndham Rewards Free
    C$269
13.4 km from Holiday Inn Express & Suites Clarington - Bowmanville, an IHG Hotel
View more hotels in Bowmanville
All reviews front desk sports teams above average would stay here again near future cleaning staff highway soap elevator dispenser bathtub
Selected filters
Reviewed November 7, 2022

Where to start, the hotel has confirmed bed bugs, stains all over carpet, 3rd floor smells like mold, did not come and collect garbage or change towels let alone clean room for a price of $269 a night, will not return. To add to the experience one of the families in our party had their truck stolen, and we were told there was another incident 2 weeks ago. The hotel needs a full gut and renovation to be charging those prices and to be all the way in Bowmanville. The room that has confirmed bed bugs had another reservation staying in there the next night.

Date of stay: November 2022
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Clarington - Bowmanville, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2022

Hi Allysun H,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your stay. We appreciate you choosing Holiday Inn Express Clarington - Bowmanville and doing business with IHG.

We aim to provide the best lodging experience for every guest, and I'm sorry for the issues during your stay. I've shared your feedback with our hotel management for review. I've also sent you a private message to discuss this further.

We hope you can give us a chance to regain your trust and confidence in our service.

Riz E.

Reviewed August 5, 2022 via mobile

The location was easy to find and the rooms were clean an fully equipped.

A young sports team, parents and younger siblings were everywhere! Noisy, running, slamming doors. I wish they could have kept them all on one floor. Our next room have kids slamming their room door and being rowdy in the hallway. Should have checked when we arrived.

Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Clarington - Bowmanville, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2022

Hi I3503IGcolinb,

Thank you for staying in Holiday Inn Express & Suites Clarington - Bowmanvillet. We appreciate your feedback and strive to provide an environment that everyone can enjoy.

I reviewed your evaluation and am sorry for the events that made your stay unsatisfactory. I know this is not what you expected from a quality chain like ours. I distributed your message to our managers and took the necessary steps to stop this from happening.

We hope you allow us to host your next travel to provide you with the excellent service characteristic of our chain.

Warm wishes,

Oscar C.

Reviewed July 5, 2022

We stopped here traveling east, a crew of 7 people, in two rooms. We needed a crib for one of the rooms. The hotel was pretty much up to all that we asked of it. Nothing to elaborate, but a fine highway hotel, easy off the 401. I'd stay here again.

Date of stay: June 2022
1  Thank morl8tr
Reviewed May 19, 2022

If you like this review please like it below.

First and possibly last visit here.

First let me say the the Desk was manned by Mirissa and she was GREAT!

But the rooms are a little dated and could use a facelift!

Amenities in the bath were lacking and TP was scarce. Mirissa solved that.

Biggest issue was TV had the cable literally broken off and laying on the floor! Cleaning staff had to see it but nothing was reported or done about it!!

Mirissa again saved the day by getting a TV from another area and physically bringing it to us to save our relaxation night! GREAT JOB Mirissa!

Nor sure if we would stay here again in the near future!

Date of stay: May 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank TangoForFun
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Clarington - Bowmanville, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2022

Hi TangoForFun

Thank you for your patronage to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Clarington Bowmanville. Our hotel staffed strive to provide an environment that everyone in the family can enjoy.

I reviewed your comments, and I am sorry for the inconvenient. I understand your concerns about these matters, and with this in mind. I documented your case and shared it with our local area managers. We took immediate action to avoid this from being an issue in our guest's future stays.

I invited you to visit us on your next trip so we can provide you with a new view of our services.

Oscar C.
IHG Service

Reviewed November 6, 2021

Stayed here on a Sunday night, so was not busy at all. Very limited buffet breakfast available, and had to take it to my room. The bread/toast was wrapped in saran wrap, and was not fresh. Will not be staying here again.

Date of stay: November 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank canuck64
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Clarington - Bowmanville, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2021

Hi canuck64,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a candid review. I was very concerned to read your comments regarding the breakfast selection and value. I understand your dismay and I am sorry. This is not the frictionless experience that we wanted for all our guests. I will make sure to share your comments with our team for the necessary improvements needed on our end.

I appreciate you as our guest and and I still hope you would give us another chance in the future.

Orlando A.