Review Highlights
Great wine tour.

Our trip to Prince Edward County was lovely. Cathy took us to three wineries with tastings, of... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Christine M
Pickering, Canada
Prince Edward County

Had a great day in PEC. Nice wineries to relax and sip wine. Lunch was good. Cathy organized very... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
wonderer78
Toronto, Canada

All reviews wine tour tour director would highly recommend this tour newfoundland experience small group tour prince edward county day trip cathy gander scenery puffins dolphins province sights boat tours company
Selected filters
Reviewed August 12, 2023

What a fantastic 10 days in NFLD with a great group of people! The entire trip was very well planned out. Every day was packed with great sites, excellent food & lots of activities. Cathy did a fantastic job of keeping us well informed and entertained (especially on the bus). Our bus driver (Garfield) being a Newfoundlander, shared many stories from his past & present. He made sure I had my fill of bananas🙂 I would recommend CanXplore for future trips.

Cathy S, Owner at CanXplore, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2023

Thanks so much for the kind review and recommendation, Karen! I am so happy that you enjoyed all the sites and activities AND the entertainment on the bus. :)

Reviewed August 5, 2023 via mobile

Newfoundland has always been on my bucket list...fantastic 10 day bus
trip..cathy you could not have done it better..no complaints

Cathy S, Owner at CanXplore, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2023

Thank you for the great review, Pic (Carolyn)! We did have a fantastic 10 days, didn't we?! :)

Reviewed July 30, 2023

Since doing a quick visit to St. John's 10 years ago, a trip to Newfoundland has always been in my dreams.
Along came CanXplore and Cathy with a 10 day Itinerary that seemed to meet my needs.
The trip was absolutely amazing from start to finish. There were 4 boat cruises- Bonne Bay, Western Brook Pond, Iceberg Quest and O'Brien's Whale and Bird Tour. My favourite, which was hard to decide, was the Western Brook Pond. The scenery was beyond what I imaged. Pictures don't do it justice. It should be noted that due to the fact that the area is protected, there is about a 3km walk in from the parking lot. The walk does have a number of inclines. You should be prepared with your water and enough time to get to the boat.

The Beyond Words Tour of Gander was very moving and a great follow-up to the Come from Away show I saw the night before.

There was also wine and beer tasting opportunities as well. The food was great.

Cathy was an awesome tour guide and kept us informed and update. She provided a number of activities on the coach that added to the experience.
While the tour went to some of the common tourist spots, Cathy picked out a number of 'off the beaten path' stops that added so much to the tour.

There were so many great experiences it is hard to pick the top one, but I would say it was the music. It started with the Anchors Aweigh Show and continued right through to the last night at an Irish Pub with local artists. We even had a Kitchen Party in one of the hotels, a last minute addition and surprise for the group.

I also want to mention that the bus company Cathy used gave us an super drive, Garfield, who ensured our trip was safe. He also shared local information with us.

I learn a great deal about the peoples of Newfoundland and also about my Irish heritage. I can't thank Cathy enough for the wonderful trip.

Cathy S, Owner at CanXplore, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2023

Thanks for the awesome review, Rosemarie! I am so happy that you were able to make it back to Newfoundland and explore a lot more of the island. There is so much to see and do in Newfoundland!

Reviewed July 27, 2023

We had a GREAT time in spite of the "authentic" weather some days. The efficiently planed itinerary took us to many of the must see places in this fascinating province. We experienced examples of local food, culture, kindness, humour and music and learned a lot of the history and science of the areas. Because there are only 22 in the group, the bus was spacious and Garfield, the driver, was an exceptionally talented local driver who added fun and many stories during the rides. Cathy knows Newfoundland very well so she gave us plenty of background information and was able to book excellent places to stay and eat every day. It was a terrific holiday.
We're so glad we chose CanXplore!!

Cathy S, Owner at CanXplore, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2023

Thank you SO much for the amazing review, Joyce! I am so happy that you chose CanXplore and me to show you this amazing province. :)

Reviewed July 27, 2023 via mobile

I loved this tour! It was so well organized and thought out. Newfoundland was on my bucket list and this experience far surpassed what I was expecting.

Cathy S, Owner at CanXplore, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2023

Thanks for the kind review, Debi! I am so glad that you got to experience this amazing island and all it has to offer. :)