Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
HotSouthandSunny
Ottawa

Lots of people dislike this place but not us!

Review of Liberty Inn
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed May 16, 2019
First off, there are not many places that allow dogs. We have two, a big yellow lab and a shih tuz. When I read the reviews, I was dubious at best about the place but couldn't find another place that accepted dogs, so booked it.
There were complaints it was dirty to filthy. Not true! The floors were laminate and clean and the bathroom was spotless. We enjoyed our time there with no issues whatsoever. We were initially concerned about the traffic around the motel, but we heard no traffic at all. Maybe they soundproofed it? Not a clue. But we were happy.
There is also a drive through coffee shop right across the street. We walked over and got our breakfast, brought it back to the room and ate it there. It's a hop,skip and a jump from downtown Bowmanville. It could also be used as a homebase for visiting Oshawa, Whitby, Ajax or even Toronto. At $75/night it's a steal!
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Expedia.com
    C$145
16.4 km from Liberty Inn
View more hotels in Bowmanville
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 24, 2018

Friendly service but thats about it. You get what you pay for. This place needs a serious facelift. My room smelled of stale cigarette smoke and had missing light bulb in the bathroom but at least the room was clean...or as clean as he could be. Rate was much less than the local competition. Close to the 401

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Marc P
Reviewed May 7, 2018

I stayed one night and check in was fast but the was the best point , the room was very out dated, very noisy due ti the room was next to the entrance to the 401, the bed must have been about 10 plus years old, my recommendation is do not stay there and spend a bit more money and stay at a better hotel for example Holiday Inn express or another option stay in Oshawa

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed February 10, 2018

car trouble on 401 stopped in for one night motel was quiet room was clean motel located off 401 easy for tow truck rate was reasonable and 24 hour front desk close to downtown bowmanville and fast food reataurants

Date of stay: January 2018
Reviewed July 24, 2017

I made an online reservation and upon arrival this slummy motel would not honour the reservation stating that they had no vacancy and they had no vacancies for three days. Meanwhile they were still listed on multiple travel websites as still having availability. To make matters worse, this was a non-refundable reservation and the slummy motel staff would not inform Expedia that they did not honour the reservation. I suspect that I will be able to get a refund through my credit card but it is not worth the hassle.

I plan to contact major travel sites to inform them of how this motel is misrepresenting themselves to hopefully encourage them to remove them from their sites.

In addition to this scam, the place is a true slum. Disgustingly dirty and extremely poorly maintained (I saw someone else's room). No matter how cheap the cost (I was charged $123.17... which to me is expensive considering the venue)... do NOT stay here. You would be better off staying in your car.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Andrea18182014
Reviewed December 20, 2016

On the night of Saturday, Decammber 18th, 2016, we decided to stay at this motel as it was close by our family functions. We were placed in room 156. First off it stinker like cigarette smoke and then the bathroom was not clean, the sink has a film of greasy body oil on it. So anyway it's late and we were tired, we stayed. The next morning as we were waking up, something fell on my pillow, got up to see what it was and it's a bed bug. I immediately freaked out and took the pillow to shake the bug off outside. We immediately packed up our things, checked the bed and took off the blankets, couldn't see anything else moving. My husband took the key to the front desk to the the man there about the situation and he became very defensive and argumentative. Said we were lying and they had all their pest control receipts. He also went on to say we complained last week to. Now mind you we stayed last year and did not encounter anything. It is not the worst motel we stayed into but it certainly is not the cleanest we ever stayed into either, but we had not stayed in this motel in over a year. Nothing worst than I hate is someone arguing with a customer arguing than being apologetic and sympathetic. Never again will we ever stay there, never recommend it. Who the hell do they think we are, we are not dirty, we don't deserve to be disrespected.

Date of stay: December 2016