“Not for awhile”

Fifth Wheel Truck Stops - Bowmanville
Cuisines: Canadian
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

Stopped here say morning for breakfast. Not only we couldn't get table as according to staff member they had to set up one when place was more then half empty. Staff member was not too polite so we walked out and this was between 7 and 7:30 and we phoned night before and was told they were open a 5. If you have lots of time stop otherwise go somewhere else where you get better service

1  Thank Rickie D

Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

Stopped for breakfast - eggs and sausage were good. Home fries were cut potatoes cooked on grill not deep fried cubes. The bacon however was tough and very salty. Coffee is second cup and it was good as well.

The place is a little run down and the lot is full of pot holes, very dusty - put windows or top up.

A little pricey - as stated in a previous review $10.50 for breakfast including tax. $6.99 for the meal, coffee was extra.

My meal was fine, my wife had the bacon. Not the best but better than fast food or driving around looking for a place.

Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

Was disappointed in the broken eggs...one I can understand, all of them means they don't care. Place is clean, change lots since I was here 20 years ago. I would try them again but I was disappointed

Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Don't let the number of trucks in the parking lot make you think this is a great place to dine - they're only there because of a lack of other local truck stop options.

Food Is mediocre at best, and priced out of line with reality. Fuel prices are also nothing special, so don't stop here expecting a deal on fuel just because its a truck stop.

The building is in need of a lot of TLC. Bathrooms are run down and frequently dirty, as is much of the rest of the building - accordingly, one must wonder whay condition the kitchen is in.

The parking lot has so many craters that even getting parked is an adventure, and the lack of asphalt in much of the truck areas means you have a better than average chance of getting coated in dust as you exit your car.

A quick drive into Bowmanville or Courtice will yield much better options. Drive on past, unless you're driving something so big that you need the space to park.

1  Thank Oshawapilot
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We made the mistake of checking into the dirty Motel first, It stunk like cigarette smoke and we were in a non smoking room. Then we went to eat in the restaurant, That was mistake number 2. My children wanted the buffet for dinner and I got a wrap. While we were eating I overheard the employees speaking about buffet food saying that they would never eat that garbage. Saying it was all leftover from throughout the week. Number 1, God knows how they store that food through out the week. Number 2 Why would you offer children food that you would not eat yourself. I immediately told my children not to eat anymore and gave them my fries. My food was sub par. While waiting on the bill a lady sat down at the booth behind me, she was using very colorful language and was talking very badly about the employees in the building. I sent my children to wait at the cash so that they didn't have to hear the smut coming out of her mouth. As I stood up I noticed a name tag on her, As I cashed out I asked the waitress who that was and to my surprise it was the General Manager, Deb Hrushka. So unprofessional and frankly a disgusting woman! Although I was livid I have always taught my children to turn the other cheek, an seeing the way the management acted I figured making a stink wouldn't help much so we left. I packed the children back in the car and we went to a hotel one exit east of this horrid place. But this place didn't stop haunting us then my children both has stomach aches and diarrhea from the little buffet food they ingested. Needless to say I would never go back to that place ever again, even if I ran out of gas right beside it.

1  Thank Megan L