“Clean truck stop”

Fifth Wheel Truck Stops - Bowmanville
Cuisines: Canadian
Reviewed November 15, 2014

We stopped at the Fifth Wheel for some gas and breakfast during a road trip. The facilities are not fancy but they are clean. We had the breakfast buffet, which was good and reasonably priced. The food coming out of the kitchen looked very good, so if I go back I'll likely order off the menu instead. Overall, very clean, great service and decent food.

Reviewed September 29, 2014

My husband and I stopped in here for dinner on9-19-14. I wasn't real hungry. My husband ordered the Lasagna with salad for $16.95. Waiter asked what I wanted, I told him I was just going to take a few bites of my husbands lasagna. He then told me, he was gonna have to charge ME for the salad bar. I told him I didn't want the salad bar. He said he had to charge me anyway. I said "what are you talking about" He said if my husband and I shared, he would have to charge me. lol I said I am eating some of his lasagna, IM NOT EATING THE SALAD BAR... Finally got that straight!!! Anyways, lasagna was average. Ordered the carrot cake for dessert at $5.29 per slice. I wasn't too thrilled with it. I would NOT recommend the carrot cake for sure.

Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

Stopped here say morning for breakfast. Not only we couldn't get table as according to staff member they had to set up one when place was more then half empty. Staff member was not too polite so we walked out and this was between 7 and 7:30 and we phoned night before and was told they were open a 5. If you have lots of time stop otherwise go somewhere else where you get better service

1  Thank Rickie D
Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

Stopped for breakfast - eggs and sausage were good. Home fries were cut potatoes cooked on grill not deep fried cubes. The bacon however was tough and very salty. Coffee is second cup and it was good as well.

The place is a little run down and the lot is full of pot holes, very dusty - put windows or top up.

A little pricey - as stated in a previous review $10.50 for breakfast including tax. $6.99 for the meal, coffee was extra.

My meal was fine, my wife had the bacon. Not the best but better than fast food or driving around looking for a place.

Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

Was disappointed in the broken eggs...one I can understand, all of them means they don't care. Place is clean, change lots since I was here 20 years ago. I would try them again but I was disappointed