“Food was bland Service sucked”

Fifth Wheel Truck Stops - Bowmanville
Cuisines: Canadian
Reviewed June 15, 2015

Ordered the hamburger with onions rings and French toast. The onion rings were greasy was like eating an oil slick.The syrup for the French toast was like Water.My wife went to poor the syrup on her toast and it came out like water out of a tap.Very diluted. The burger was lacking in flavour.I don't think they heard of seasoning the food.Had ordered a diet coke and the waitress had to be asked by us each time for a refill even though the empty glass was right at the tables edge.Then when paying the bill I gave her the correct change and she said I was short. I asked her to put the money down so I could count it out for her which she did with reluctance.She then wanted to charge the extra.05 cents because of penny rounding she gave me a hard time even though I explained to her at 2 cents you round down and at 3 cents you round up.This place has gone downhill big time from when I used to stop here all the time to eat when going to Peterborough. It is a shame that the quality and service is no longer there..

Reviewed June 15, 2015

customer service sucks here big time! very slow seems like all they hire here are inexperienced people that have no clue what there doing..Prices are outrageous..

Reviewed May 3, 2015

We attended for the breakfast buffet on Sunday. It was a typical offering and the price at $10.99 was fair. If you're passing by, it's better than fast food.

Reviewed April 5, 2015

The Fifth Wheel Truck Diner in Bowmanville seems to be stuck in the late 80's or the early 90's. The decor is outdated, the food seemed really fatty and the I think the waitress seemed like she was really unimpressed to be there. The washrooms were clean, which is a plus. The location is decent since it is right off highway 401. The food is typical truck stop diner fare, but less inspired. My two eggs, two sausages (gross), two toast and two french toast was $10.39. A little pricey from the quality of the product. Just seems to me that Husky House's seem to have this market down pat and the Fifth Wheel is carrying extra baggage while lagging behind.

Reviewed November 15, 2014

We stopped at the Fifth Wheel for some gas and breakfast during a road trip. The facilities are not fancy but they are clean. We had the breakfast buffet, which was good and reasonably priced. The food coming out of the kitchen looked very good, so if I go back I'll likely order off the menu instead. Overall, very clean, great service and decent food.