“BAD RUN DOWN TRUCK STOP”

Fifth Wheel Truck Stops - Bowmanville
Cuisines: Canadian
Reviewed September 6, 2015

Waitresses are awfully rude to my wife and flurt with me. Food average. Building a throw back to the 50s nothing has changed here since. Building is old run down . Parking lot has shrunk and is rough. Real stupid is the resteraunt closes at 10 pm. I haul at night, theres nothing available at night except 40 miles away at a road side rest area. I need parking.

Then theres the motel. Bed is clean, shower broken , carpet worn out . Smoke burns every where Old tv , but for $65 what else do you expect.

Reviewed August 29, 2015 via mobile

We live in the area and have gone here once or twice in the past. Seems each time we go, the food gets worse.
For breakfast we ordered pancakes & bacon and an omelette with ham, spinach & feta.
Pancakes & bacon: 2 very small slices of bacon. Pancakes were just pancakes but had an odd taste to them, like the grill wasnt cleaned after the last order.
Onelette: eggs & ham were cooked together, then the feta & spinach were "globbed" on. Ended up taking all the spinach off as was gross & chewy.
This place has so much potential but we wont be going back again.

Reviewed June 15, 2015

Ordered the hamburger with onions rings and French toast. The onion rings were greasy was like eating an oil slick.The syrup for the French toast was like Water.My wife went to poor the syrup on her toast and it came out like water out of a tap.Very diluted. The burger was lacking in flavour.I don't think they heard of seasoning the food.Had ordered a diet coke and the waitress had to be asked by us each time for a refill even though the empty glass was right at the tables edge.Then when paying the bill I gave her the correct change and she said I was short. I asked her to put the money down so I could count it out for her which she did with reluctance.She then wanted to charge the extra.05 cents because of penny rounding she gave me a hard time even though I explained to her at 2 cents you round down and at 3 cents you round up.This place has gone downhill big time from when I used to stop here all the time to eat when going to Peterborough. It is a shame that the quality and service is no longer there..

Reviewed June 15, 2015

customer service sucks here big time! very slow seems like all they hire here are inexperienced people that have no clue what there doing..Prices are outrageous..

Reviewed May 3, 2015

We attended for the breakfast buffet on Sunday. It was a typical offering and the price at $10.99 was fair. If you're passing by, it's better than fast food.