“Elegance on the harbor”
Review of The Queen's Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gore Bay
The Queen's Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Gore Bay B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 September 2011

The Queen's Inn is a lovely well-maintained, historic, Victorian bed and breakfast on lovely and sparsely populated Manitoulin island. The innkeeper, Susan, is well versed in all the attractions on the island. She can direct you to hikes, art galleries, lakes, First Nation information or beaches. The food was delicious, the room spacious and the bed super comfy. Great location for exploring the whole island. Whole heartedly recommended.

Room Tip: Pictures on line. The rooms upstairs have a lovely balcony overlooking the harbor.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mcubed48

Reviewed 22 August 2011

All the best in a bed and breakfast with true English style. The breakfasts were delicious and varied. Our room was large, clean and comfortable with a magnificent view of the harbour, A spacious verandah on the second floor overlooks the marina and the bay. The staff were helpful, friendly and informative. We are already looking forward to a return stay at the Queen's Inn. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Room Tip: on suite bathroom available on request
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RonPatti
Reviewed 14 August 2011

Located on the shore of Lake Huron, very quiet B&B, beautifully furnished. The rooms are cosy, WIFI is available.
Wonderful home-cooked breakfast ( ah! the apple pancakes...)

If I go back to Gore Bay, Manitoulin Island, I'll definitely stay in this B&B again. The hostess is very nice and friendly.

Room Tip: The Beatrice room is lovely.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 July 2011

We recently traveled to Gore Bay and had a wonderful experience at the Queen's Inn. We were traveling with my wife's father, and had the Elizabethan Room, which consisted of two bedrooms with a bathroom connected to each - perfect. And they were quite large. Susan and daughter Nikki (sp?) were so welcoming, charming and helpful. The breakfasts were excellent, and more than sufficient. If we return to Manitoulin, we will not stay anywhere else. Highly recommened.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Saskey
Reviewed 27 October 2010

We traveled to Manitoulin Island on trip to see the fall colors. We chose Gore Bay for it's lovely location and were not disappointed. The Queen's Inn is an elegant old inn with all of the modern amenities and beautiful decor. Our room was spacious and comfortable. The upstairs veranda was an inviting place to sit and watch a sunset, sunrise, fishermen, or the fall colors of the trees enveloping the lake. Susan was a wonderful source of information as well as a fabulous cook. Whether walking down to Buoy's for delicious pizza and beer or driving the 30 minutes to get to be treated to high cuisine at the School Restaurant, we enjoyed every minute of our stay on the island. We will go back again to Manitoulin Island and the Queen's Inn will always be our place to stay. Lovely indeed!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2010

Let me begin by saying the owner informed me about their check in time, and I should have double checked my confirmation so I remembered when it was. It really was our fault but we were on holiday and I was hoping it didn't matter that much. We arrived 40 minutes late and it was our fault, but man oh man I was not prepared for the tongue lashing I received from the owner! She went into detail about how inconvenienced she was etc. etc. and I felt like I was a 12 year old being scolded 10 different ways by a headmistress. It's a lucky thing my husband stayed in the car because he would have stomped out of there regardless of the fact that we would have to pay anyway.
When we got into the room I noticed that there was no shampoo, but there was no way I was going to risk the owner's wrath by asking for some. I would suggest to anyone who stays there to bring your own shampoo. Even motels generally supply the guests with shampoo but you never know, this place may be an exception. We couldn't get out of there fast enough the next morning.

Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
11  Thank shubbiesmom
Reviewed 31 August 2009

The Queen's Inn is wonderful. The verandah was great for evening cocktails, the breakfasts were delicious with plenty of choices. The inn overlooks the marina and it is easily walkable to the downtown area.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
3.8 km away
Evergreen Resort
Evergreen Resort
#1 of 3 in Gore Bay

Been to The Queen's Inn? Share your experiences!